Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grievous Wounds [Wound chance in SRS buff]
Can the roll for wounds, in Serious Fights, be (Normal Chance)% + [(Party Level/2)% - (30% Scaled DEF + 20% Scaled RES)%] ?

So, for example, someone with 50 DEF and 50 RES, at a LV60 fight, would have:

Quote:(Normal Chance [Variable = 5.5%]) + (30) - (15 + 10)% chance to get wounded from an attack. (An additional of +5% to the normal chance. So 10.5% chance total.) [[Side note = This is assuming they'll take damage high enough to trigger wounds, the variable is not accurate to the damage they take (aka, should be around 0.5-2% chance). So tanks will still be able to take more hits before rolling a 'bad luck wound'.]]

And someone with 10 DEF and 10 RES, at LV60 fight, would have:
Quote:(Normal Chance [Variable = 5.5%]) + (30) - (3 + 2)% chance to get wounded from an attack. (Additional of +25% to the normal chance. So 30.5% chance total.)

How about it? Wounds from excessive damage are way too rare in serious situations, due to how resistances work on reducing damage. Be it with Evasion, Wraithguard, Guard or tanky stats, and in my opinion there should be more of a 'luck' factor to it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think if it only applied to basic attacks, it'd be fine then. It'd help dodge builds out, heh.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
The only downside of 'basic attacks only' are guns, they virtually increase the chance to inflict wounds. But sure, maybe a multiplier of 2x if the weapon is melee. It would make more sense.

My idea is to make 'this' the default. Dodgers won't suffer much from autohits due to Evasion and Wraithguard, in my sincere opinion. And even more due to Glancing Blows that might be implemented in the future.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]