Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That's the kicker
Kick currently does Flat STR as damage, not even counting for your scaled stat either, it really doesn't compare in damage to much else, while I realize it costs no FP, Defense really makes this skill meaningless, and usually forms of DR like Evasion stunt it too.

Perhaps it could be Character LV + Scaled STR as damage, I think that'd help a lot.
Kick needs more utility than damage, in my opinion.

Maybe if you boot someone in, let's say, a rock. They get stunned? Same goes for flowers and field objects. (Healing Glyph/Mana Crystal makes them take HP/FP damage instead of healing, equal to whatever percentage it heals.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I feel like just a damage boost helps it out a lot, got to keep in mind there's better ways to enhance it too, like Apetaurus passive and Accelia.
I agree to spoops idea since kick as it is is fine as a guaranteed knockback. Though I wouldn't mind seeing it gain some sort of special trait buffs too.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Alternatively...

Defense as a stat has less to do with literal skin toughness and more to do with combat knowledge. How to move to roll with the punches and absorb blows, etc. As such, I propose the following.

"They can't anticipate a sudden, sharp kick! Well, unless you keep doing it and it becomes predictable. If you haven't kicked that opponent in awhile, your sudden action bypasses their defenses and armor. However, it also grants them the "Kicked" status, which nullifies this effect for 2 rounds."

A flat scaled str action with knockback every few rounds is still a little underwhelming compared to things that get the full benefit of SWA, but it at least gives the skill a bit more use by those who build for Str.

(As well, perhaps we could give additional benefits to equipment directly meant to benefit kicks. The Beowhulf set, for example, could add 1/2 SWA to that unexpected kick, but is still blocked against spamming.)

(Idea inspired by: Soul Calibur 2-4. The kicks are generally weak, but fast, and easiest to land against an opponent looking to Guard Impact a weapon swing.)
*loud burp*