Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Boxer's champion belt [Geist Schritt (Drei) vs Astral Belt bug]
The issue:
- Geist Schritt (Drei)'s dash counts as a 'pull' for the enemy's Astral Belt's damage condition.

How to reproduce this issue:
- Use Geist Schritt (Drei) on an enemy with Astral Belt. You'll take damage when you dash towards them.

The description of both skills to prove this is an issue:

[Image: f23f7c1896ce4bc58c51cd9af7093ec5.png]

[Image: 815157178c7e4001b4fdb9171c274b0c.png]

How/When does this become a nuisance in game:
- When you try to use this GS with something like Cobra and end up stepping away from the enemy instead of standing infront as the skill is supposed to work, since Cobra will avoid the damage ASAP and displace you away.
-If you are weak to Earth damage, this will give free momentum to the enemy without meeting the Astral Belt's condition to damage (in this case, being pulled).

Add-on:
- I've also noticed that you need the enemy 'Magnetized' AND 'Pulled' for this effect to happen. Astral Belt activates on-pull only, without the enemy being magnetized beforehand. Nani?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Slightly-off-note snippet:
This actually sounds like a small but nifty 'punish' against GS. Taking advantage of an incoming enemy's magnetism by subtly pulling them in a little more than they wanted, straight into a rock? It's clever, works against a build that layers two 'no damage lol' defenses and doesn't have to break GS in the process.

That, and I honestly don't see anyone sporting an earth weakness (much less one at 25% or higher) in this kind of situation. It would be a stupidly specific build, at best.

The lack of magnetism in the trigger sounds like a bug, though.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"Chaos" Wrote:Slightly-off-note snippet:
This actually sounds like a small but nifty 'punish' against GS. Taking advantage of an incoming enemy's magnetism by subtly pulling them in a little more than they wanted, straight into a rock? It's clever, works against a build that layers two 'no damage lol' defenses and doesn't have to break GS in the process.

That, and I honestly don't see anyone sporting an earth weakness (much less one at 25% or higher) in this kind of situation. It would be a stupidly specific build, at best.

The lack of magnetism in the trigger sounds like a bug, though.

Not the place for an answer as this is more a Balance-fu thing, but:
Why should you be punished for countering an enemy that doesn't target you with let's say, Sidecut and Crystal Rose spamming? You're just guessing the GS (Drei)'s condition right as they're not targeting you, all a part of the mind games.

Then, why should this make Boxer/Cobra an obsolete setup (where I'm investing in CEL instead of tankyness), compared to Boxer/Hexer (Where the enemy is investing in DEF/RES, aka being a tank in this tank meta)?

And to add a final remark of why this is a bug:

Geist Schritt's other two dashes don't behave like this, just saying. They run at the enemy and it doesn't trigger Astral Belt's damage at all, as they work as intended. They 'dash' towards the enemy, not get 'pulled' towards the enemy.
Are you sure this is a Drei specific issue? Wouldn't it affect all of the GS skills?
After testing, seems like I was wrong on my second information.

It's not a Drei specific issue, it affects all three dashes. I still don't agree with it working like this. Sure, dashes may trigger field hazards and if you position yourself properly in a cinder field, you can insta-kill a dashing Boxer... But Astral Belt? They're not getting pulled by the enemy, that's why it makes me so iffy as it becomes 'free damage' for mages.

Also, it is confirmed that Astral Belt does damage even though the enemy is not Magnetized, and the Mage is not using Galren. So the conclusion of this is that the main issue is on Astral Belt triggering without Magnetize.