Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evasion/Glancing Blows
"GameMaster85" Wrote:Evasion, as in the defensive property, feels hit and miss, as Blues said. If you don't have enough evade against someone who can hit you, your defense is completely broke unless you invested in actual defense. But if it hits the mark, you fuck up your opponent's options. So with evade, it's either fillerupcowboy or none. Glancing Blows seem like a not bad mechanic, but I personally feel it shouldn't overshadow actual defense. Else Evade will literally become the only viable defensive stat, and anything requiring heavy armor will be gimped.

But see here, building insane amounts of hit generally leads to not having an extremely high SWA as a result, this system ends up sort of counter balancing hit stacking and extreme damage stacking, where in you can get weapons up to 150+ SWA, autohits start to overpower anyone without decent forms of defense or res, this is what Evasion is built to circumvent.
which is why I've said previously hit vs evade needs a weighted bell curve that stops 100% evade and hit from being possible (except under extreme debuffing like blind+fear)
Completely agree with Spo here. There were tools against autohits but now that they're nerfed having a global glancing blow mechanism of some sort, with rogue having bonuses to that, might be the best option. It makes autohits still autohits but not undodgable.
"Neus" Wrote:Which is why making Rogue evasion an innate system for all classes might end up being our best option after all.

That's probably the best option, see, that gives dodgies enough of a backbone to stand up to Autohits while Autohits still get to keep their edge and at least deal damage. +1 to Dev!

On another note, an interesting factor that I thought of. In-Fighter Gi, which grants Evasion at UL% and the Rogue passive which gives Evasion at CEL+Base Chance%. Following this update, how about we update them so that;

In-Fighter Gi powers up Evasion's damage reduction by UL/2% (+9.5%?)

Rogue's Evasion powers up Evasion's damage reduction by a chance based on rank (+15~30%?)
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
Same.

But before asking for buffs in certain things that will 'need' to be checked at (LOOKING AT YOU, IN-FIGHTER GI THAT'S SOMEHOW LIGHT ARMOOOOOR), we'd rather see how it will be doing in the game by default.

Personally, I think lowering the efficiency of Evasion based on armor type is more a nerf to Light Armor than anything. Thus why I suggested it only grant a small bonus (+9% for Unarmored, +6% for Light Armor), and not work at all with mutated torsos or heavy armor.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This feels like lucky shell stacking all over again.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
This is also experimental.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]