Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Quickdraws
Quickdraw. Weak damage and one useless UL effect. This item is on the lower end of the 10* pyramid by now just due to those two reasons. This thread's for an attempt to put it back on the 'average' for 10* items.

Since the secondary UL effect of Quickdraws was nulled due to some balance changes in regards to turn order... Can the CEL it grants be something like Hands of the Giant does to STR but a little different since we already have a weapon that grants flat bonuses?

[Image: uaoPQI6xT8qkjPrrJAF_QA.png]
Quote:[strike]CEL is treated as UL/2 higher for the purposes of determining turn order.[/strike] -> Increases the softcap for CEL by UL/4 (halved if not main weapon).

I'd be fine with its damage staying low, if this is accepted. Or else, it's either this or getting the total Scaled Weapon Attack's numbers a tad up.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Part of me wonders if I should re-implement the modifiers for turn order specifically for item effects or other things that are static, because the only real problem comes from the dynamic/come-and-go CEL effects.
Yeah when it comes to items like bunny ears and cat's mask, or ogata waraji, or quickdraws I think turn order won't get affected in battle
This also applies to -Cel items, like Metal Shield.

I've had literally 0 Cel after modifiers and not gone last since my base racial cel was higher than someone else's. that was weird.
*loud burp*
I feel like everything aside from statuses in battle should contribute to turn order.

Bonus cel from items and APT along with initiative modifiers should matter. A side effect from the change is that outspeeding NPCs can be impossible due to all of their stats being base.
I mean, that's also good AND solves ye' olde' QueueDee's problem. You can't unequip items mid-battle and they're technically static and unchanging for the whole combat, so no ways to abuse this for double turning people and stuff.

I'd also go for that if possible!
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]