Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rangers Buffs Nerfs and QOL (as told by Kira)
QOL

Cherry Tree Buff needs an icon and maybe an range indicator
Expert's Aim tool tip should tell you that the Longdraw buff is REAPPLIED next turn
Androcobra give it an attack range indicator Ive been using it AND I STILL can't tell where it's going to fly.
Make Cherry Tree A valid target for forest walk
Give Rain Trap a "thing" a bonus or something for using hand trigger with it out?

Buffs?
Nest range increased to 11 Two reasons for this #1 Otherwise forest walks max range of 11 is kinda a waste of points #2 Forest Walk is kinda a joke when ranger has other mobility options all of them can be considered better TLDR Forest walk seems way too situational
Might not want to do this if you make cherry tree a viable forest walk target Also might want to put these buffs as extra levels on nest of nests

Forest Fiend Buff Annorum Damage increase per plant object burned give it a little love and this way using it is to obliterate people swarming your nest locations

Nerfs?

Slight decrease to gentle garden's healing output
"Kiranis" Wrote:QOL

Cherry Tree Buff needs an icon and maybe an range indicator
Expert's Aim tool tip should tell you that the Longdraw buff is REAPPLIED next turn
Androcobra give it an attack range indicator Ive been using it AND I STILL can't tell where it's going to fly.
Make Cherry Tree A valid target for forest walk
Give Rain Trap a "thing" a bonus or something for using hand trigger with it out?

Buffs?
Nest range increased to 11 Two reasons for this #1 Otherwise forest walks max range of 11 is kinda a waste of points #2 Forest Walk is kinda a joke when ranger has other mobility options all of them can be considered better TLDR Forest walk seems way too situational
Might not want to do this if you make cherry tree a viable forest walk target Also might want to put these buffs as extra levels on nest of nests

Forest Fiend Buff Annorum Damage increase per plant object burned give it a little love and this way using it is to obliterate people swarming your nest locations

Nerfs?

Slight decrease to gentle garden's healing output

I don't know if all of these are necessary, Androcobra's range is funky and could use a indicator, other than that none of this is absolutely necessary

Cherry Blossom is strong on its own simply from being a stat booster, and a heal with anorum, and damage.

Rain Trap is pretty strong especially with saturn badge, soaked is a powerful status.

Forest walk works on flowers and vines, so start setting down entangle traps or make use of the random flower spawns in each fight to make use of the 11 range, 1m movement is pretty strong.

Cherry Blossom is a solid object, if it worked for Forest Walk it'd probably cause trouble, even then it might be a little strong.
QOL are by definition unnecessary changes that make player experience better QOL=quality of life

cherry is solid? then how am i standing in it? Needs bug fixing. it still also needs some kind of indicator of what it does

Raintrap ends's it's duration early if you use hand trigger there should be SOME compensation especially since it already applied soaked per turn i dunno maybe it applies it's total duration all at once? or applys it's debuff in a slightly larger area?

Then again i think hand trigger needs reworking in general gust traps are straight up better if you let an enemy walk into them

the heal and damage takes 9M to set up it doesn't really need a nerf

On reflections Possibly Nerf Thunderbolt Annorum drop the sound damage a bit. little too strong? no more then 50 points id say.
I think Ranger is pretty fine where it is... entertaining, not horrendously overpowered. I haven't really seen the Frozen status get too out of hand either, despite getting the impression it would be too much.

I also don't see the need to gimp Thunder Bolt - the damage seems pretty okay in my opinion.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Ranger is fine. If anything, it needs more battle animations/people working on them to help Dev.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I could see the cherry blossom showing its range via petals on the ground, at least.
Speaking of that, Dev, how about adding a mouseover effect for any terrain (Flowers, Mana Crystals, etc) to highlight their range? I've met a lot of people who didn't know Mana Crystals affect a 3x3 area around it, instead of just the tile of the crystal itself, for example.
*loud burp*
"Ranylyn" Wrote:Speaking of that, Dev, how about adding a mouseover effect for any terrain (Flowers, Mana Crystals, etc) to highlight their range? I've met a lot of people who didn't know Mana Crystals affect a 3x3 area around it, instead of just the tile of the crystal itself, for example.

Isn't this already in the game for range runes, explosion, grenade launcher and bombs?
I'll see if I can't add something like that for the relevant field objects after I finish Alstalsia.
thanks dev ^_^