Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwarf Statblock
Lemme preface this by saying that this is just a suggestion, and it can be adjusted, adapted, changed or denied.
What I put here isn’t absolute, and what others say isn’t either; it depends wholly on Dev to implement it or not.

That being said, here is the general gist of Dwarves.

Stats:
Dwarf

STR- 6
WIL- 2
SKI- 5
CEL- 0
DEF- 7
RES- 7
VIT- 8
FAI- 0
LUC- 3
GUI- 1
SAN- 1
APT- 0

Racials:
Dwarven Tradition
-The Dwarves thrive in the ore-rich mountains, and thusly have adjusted to a hardy lifestyle within the rocky terrain, giving them a 25% resistance to Earth damage. However, they aren’t exactly suited for torrential downpours or strong flowing water, making them suffer a 25% weakness to Water damage.
Their skills with the mountain’s natural resources also gives them an edge when they smith their intricate weaponry, increasing their skill with Metalworking by one.

Martial Training
-Dwarves are proud of their blacksmiths, and when it comes to how efficient they are with their reliable armor and weaponry of their finely tuned ore, the Dwarves are simply some of the best.
When wearing any armor made of metal and wielding a Sword, Spear or Axe made of any metal, they gain a bonus to their weapon’s Power equal to 1+(SAN/6). If the armor is Heavy Armor, this bonus is doubled.
Additionally, the weight of hefty and plentiful gear isn’t enough to bring a hardy Dwarf down, due to how frequently they wear their armor and how much they train with it. They gain +10 Battle Weight and +20 Encumbrance.

Stout Body
-Stocky and barrel-chested, many Dwarves have a natural health and fortitude exceeding many other races.
Any status effect that deals damage to the Dwarf over time (including Poison, Burn, Lingering, etc.) is reduced by 10+(SAN/2)%.

What does everyone think?
[Image: unknown.png]
Martial Training is outright busted. Use of Heavy Armor and SAN can grant the Dwarf up to +18~20 Power, which is nothing short of a stellar (passive) damage boost for only a body equipment restriction and points into a stat that compliments their tank-oriented racial stats. (A Sword/Spear/Axe made of metal won't be an issue, since 99% of them use metal anyways)

I'd just put the BW/Encumbrance bonus on Stout Body, and replace Martial Training with something else. Say, an effect that bolsters whatever Dwarves make via Blacksmithing.

Otherwise, the suggestion looks good.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Yeah, looking back, Martial Training’s SAN bonus is insanely strong. I’d likely change it to something along the lines of ‘Dwarves gain 1+(SAN/6)-BW of the Armor Power to metal Swords/Spears/Axes while wearing metal Heavy Armor’ or something similar. Suggestions are still open, though.
My vote goes towards hybridizing Martial Training with the fact that Dwarves are known for being skilled smiths; instead of making it purely based on metal, it has to meet the following criteria:

Definite changes:
- Must have been forged by the user; the boost comes from the familiarity of having made it, and knowing it inside and out.
- Is not compatible with remains since they're not actually metal, but bone and such.
- Lowering the effect a bit; I can't think of many craftable weapons (They exist, but are not the norm. The Siphon is the only Spirit Weapon you can craft, as an example) that scale with San, so you'd reach a point where you're wasting stats in San and better off adding stats the weapon scales on... you wouldn't need to go super drastic. Maybe San/8 would be good enough.

Optional changes, based on Dwarves across Fantasy:
- Cannot be enchanted or the Martial Training benefits are lost (Dwarves are notoriously antimagic in a great many settings.)
- Either cannot use any spells at all, or loses the Martial Training benefits if using a class with any spells. (This locks them out of abusing Purity Edge if they can't enchant them, as well.)

Just my ideas; feel free to discuss changes.
*loud burp*