Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burning Through The Night(Because spitals burned me.)
With all honesty, I've tried out almost every build aside from anything related to summoning and that awful engineer. . .and never did I have any trouble. Sure, I couldn't just solo a dungeon full of those and could handle like three fights before I was pretty much in situation "plume or die"

High ski people rely on crits that they deliver, tanky builds should have the gear and other stuff prepared to tank proper, ranged just fucks half of their hp before they come in range (aka lowering the amount of things you gotta withstand) and well mages do their thing.
I could just be supagood (Likelyhood : high) but while they surely are more dangerous than any monsters, I don't see them as broken.
The issue is with people who can't prepare. Newer characters aren't going to just have the gear to tank the damage, and avoiding Spatials isn't always possible. They're not a high-level-exclusive monster, they can pop up in a dungeon of any level, and your odds of getting a Red Letter before even getting a core are slim.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3078#p3078 Wrote:Rockabye » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:48 am[/url]"]The issue is with people who can't prepare. Newer characters aren't going to just have the gear to tank the damage, and avoiding Spatials isn't always possible. They're not a high-level-exclusive monster, they can pop up in a dungeon of any level, and your odds of getting a Red Letter before even getting a core are slim.

Biggest problem is preparing against so many different types of enemies due to the monster den (not complaining, just saying). Although, I don't think there's a problem with spatials right now, if anything, when you blind them, maybe their spells shouldn't work, or something (unless silence already does that, hint hint?)
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Silence works? Thought it didn't so that's great. Also, here's my general rule for mobs. 'You shouldn't need to devote an equipment slot to countering a single generic mob.' So, If the answer to beating them is only a red letter... they are too strong. But there is the silence bit... So that's much better than I thought...
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
You don't even need a Red Letter to counteract Spatial Corruptors; as long as you have enough elemental resistance to force a Resist!, you'll slow them down long enough to take them out. (It's not hard to get items to resist their spells, as well) If you happen to have a method to inflict Silence, then you're golden. Seriously, there's enough ways to counteract Corruptors here, folks.

That being said, they could stand to have their Poison/Burn levels lowered, and while having a lot of HP isn't a bad idea, giving them substantial DEF/RES is going a bit too far. Spatial Horrors being able to tank is one thing, but Corruptors have too much offensive power going for them.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Yeah that was my main idea with making them full on caster squishies... It wasn't about making them more manageable (but it does), it was about making them more clearly their own idea. Plus, they /really/ fit the Beholder concept...
God forbid any monsters in this game pose some kind of a threat I guess. They're practically the only monsters that can actually wipe your party if you get back attacked (and even then, depends on who's in your party). And that's only in a crazy dungeon.
There's also the idea of making /every/ monster strong enough to actually be a threat... then making it to a core would be an amazing accomplishment, we'd be playing dark souls: SL2 version, and cores would have to be giving massive rewards (assuming you are within 10 levels of the core floor level :3 )
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=3241#p3241 Wrote:KhalidtheGrey » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:02 am[/url]"]dark souls: SL2 version
Trial and error wouldn't really work in a game where you can see enemy stats and skills.
Well... Honestly I don't like the metagamey way of knowing their exact stats, I'd rather be stuck trying to guess based solely on what they look like. (hide the stats, show us the examine info Tongue )