Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crafting
Can we pleaseeee just get rid of the delay timer when crafting? All it does is create an artificial wait time that no one really wants to wait through when they're crafting 500 + items.

It's like 3~6 seconds long, depending on lag on the server. At minimum, that's 1500 seconds for 500 items (especially items that do not get extra from great succeeding. Looking at you tools...)

If something is an issue, it gives you a prompt after you click craft, which will stop it from being spammy-my-my-my.
I much rather would want to have the option to craft a multitude of one item in a queue. so you don't have to click 10 000 times
Waiting a bit is not an issue, since it's mostly to prevent lag between all the rolls when you mass craft...But having to activlely click through all of this is sort of a hassle.
Well, when it's 4 seconds of wait time every craft.. and let's say you craft 500 items... that becomes 2000 seconds... which when divided by 60.. is 33 minutes.

That's more than just a "little bit of time". That's half-an-hour of not playing the game because you decided to run a store. I understand that a queue would help, but either-or at this point would make this less of a hassle on players.
Yeah I get ya, as someone who did a lot of farming/turnign the farming good into items myself, I know just how time consuming it is. But I would be happy, if we can't reduce the time, if I could atleast watch a movie while I am running through my ingredients via a queue.

It was pure hell when I had 3000 of the ingredients i needed to craft. I litterally did it over days, cause it was so annoying.
Being able to craft them without having to click each time (like "How many do you want to craft?" -> *enters 50*) would also help alleviate the issue of it being monotonous clicking. Although it promotes AFKing more than before... I'm more of a mind to experiment with the time it takes to be removed outright.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I think that it's important to consider what purpose the crafting delay has. In most MMOs, there's either a delay in crafting to make the end result more satisfying, like Black Desert's upgrading. There are also more interactive delays like in Mabinogi or FF14, where doing well in the minigame gives some sort of bonus. There are also freemium games which have waiting times to encourage payment, but that doesn't fit SL2 at all. There's also no sort of interaction with the delay, so it's not a game in the game. So the purpose is either to keep the game from being flooded with items, or to make the crafting result more emotionally satisfying.

However, the game has existed long enough and materials are easy enough to get that anyone with an autoclicker can make thousands of an item while AFK. Also the results of crafting are largely irrelevant with material and quality change items, only saving the crafter a few materials at best.

Which all leaves the wait useless in the end. So the wait could either be made into a game, which I'm sure most players don't want to play, the result of the crafting could be made more important, which would probably frustrate people chasing that perfect roll, or the wait could be removed.