Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traps
Any number comparisons for how much they differ from other basic skills and so on? What damage are you hitting with traps? What about if they're boosted by other skills?
I tested all of these skills on the same character with weapons that would be suited for my character's stats.

I do want to make a few notes:
- My character is very Guile focused (60 Scaled GUI), hence I would consider my trap numbers to be a little higher than what would be normal numbers. (I imagine most players would put GUI at the 40-45 mark.)

- The stats in testing may have slight alterations on a count of having to switch in different classes, bonuses from Enchants, etc. The listed SWA for the weapons is with my normal build for this character which is Ghost/VA (no rising game bonus stats).

- As Ghost/VA: Scaled STR is 11, Scaled WIL is 24, Scaled SKI is 49, Scaled CEL is 53, Scaled GUI is 60, Scaled VIT is 40. Wind ATK is 59 and Ice ATK is 60.

"Sword" used for Crystal Rose and Retreating Swipe:
[Image: c51001c3d6.png]

Bow used for Starbow:
[Image: 39c50a8a37.png]

Tome used for Air Pressure:
[Image: 1cb5044397.png]

I wanted to compare these skills since they're all available at Base and all have some AoE to them.

Gust Trap (100% GUI, 90% Wind ATK)
Prinny takes 114 Wind physical damage. (Gust Trap)

Crystal Rose (100% SWA, 70% Ice ATK)
Prinny takes 133 Ice physical damage. (Crystal Rose / Dagger of Bleeding)

Air Pressure (100% SWA, 100% Wind ATK)
Prinny takes 156 Wind magical damage. (Air Pressure / Fullgust)

Retreating Swipe (120% SWA)
Prinny takes 111 Pierce physical damage. (Retreating Swipe / Dagger of Bleeding)

Starbow (120% SWA + 35% SKI with Dynamic Shooting)
Prinny takes 128 Pierce physical damage. (Starbow / Bow of the Green Forest)

(I also wanted to compare Heaven Kick or Peddling Wheel but most Fist options would scale horribly on my build and the one that doesn't would require some time for me to obtain so I skipped it for this.)

While Retreating Swipe seems comparable to Gust Trap, this is simply due to my character's sheer focus in Guile (very few people would go as far into it as I have) and missing a lot of bonuses you could potentially get on Retreating Swipe (such as Two-Hand for up to an extra 20% SWA or Jupiter Badge for Criticals).

Bonus Math:

Gust Trap
There isn't too much you can do with Gust Trap. At best, you could pair it with Hexer so you can get the damage boost with Talvyd and then further boost it with Fallcall from Death Knighting. If you really wanted, you could get Bloody Palms for the extra 12% Damage or use Absolute Death with a Saturn Badge on Kensei instead of Hexer.

Gust Trap with Talvyd
Prinny takes 144 Wind physical damage. (Gust Trap)

Gust Trap with Ryart's Blessing + Talvyd + Death Knighting
Prinny takes 234 Wind physical damage. (Gust Trap)

Crystal Rose
You can stack several bonuses for Crystal Rose, especially on my build with such a high amount of Critical Damage from Guile making things really strong on Lightning Criticals. Could go further with Bloody Palms and a Sword that works for Two-Hand.

Crystal Rose with Elangreve (7M) + One-on-One
Prinny takes 161 Ice physical damage. (Crystal Rose / Dagger of Bleeding)

Crystal Rose with Jupiter Badge + Elangreve (7M) + One-on-One
Prinny takes 286 Lightning physical damage. (Crystal Rose / Dagger of Bleeding)

Crystal Rose with Jupiter Badge + Elangreve (7M) + Ryart's Blessing + One-on-One + Absolute Death
Prinny takes 364 Lightning physical damage. (Crystal Rose / Dagger of Bleeding)

Crystal Rose with Redgull + Elangreve (7M) + Ryart's Blessing + One-on-One + Absolute Death + Death Knighting
Prinny takes 562 Lightning physical damage. (Crystal Rose / Dagger of Bleeding)

Air Pressure
Not a lot I could do with Air Pressure either. But despite my character's low Willpower, I think it's respectable damage.

Air Pressure with Talvyd
Prinny takes 171 Wind magical damage. (Air Pressure / Fullgust)

Air Pressure with Talvyd + Evocation + Death Knighting
Prinny takes 291 Wind magical damage. (Air Pressure / Fullgust)

Retreating Swipe
Like Crystal Rose, Retreating Swipe has a lot of bonuses you could mix with it depending on if you wanted to be Kensei or Hexer as your Main Class.

Retreating Swipe with Charging Strike
Prinny takes 136 Pierce physical damage. (Retreating Swipe / Dagger of Bleeding)

Retreating Swipe with Charging Strike + Jupiter Badge
Prinny takes 260 Pierce physical damage. (Retreating Swipe / Dagger of Bleeding)

Retreating Swipe with Charging Strike + Ryart's Blessing + Redgull + Death Knighting
Prinny takes 408 Pierce physical damage. (Retreating Swipe / Dagger of Bleeding)

Starbow
It's alright damage despite me using a pretty standard Bow of the Green Forest for this test. Had I been able to add parts and use Arbalest, the numbers would be better but this is just what I had on hand.

Starbow with Ice Arrows + Kraken
Prinny takes 133 Pierce physical damage. (Starbow / Bow of the Green Forest)
Prinny takes 26 Ice magical damage.

Starbow with Ryart's Blessing + Kraken + Ice Arrows + Death Knighting
Prinny takes 212 Pierce physical damage. (Starbow / Bow of the Green Forest)
Prinny takes 42 Ice magical damage.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]