Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Counter to Vampiric Legumes
'Ello folks. I was thinking about Vampiric Legumes and how they function (and how annoying it is to fight three of them at once...)

They root themselves into the ground to suck the life from others, right? As such, I feel as though it would make sense for the Engrain status of Legumes (and therefore their heal) to be lost if they are moved (via knockbacks like Bash, HotG, etc.) before the start of the next round. This would add strategy to fighting them, and make it feel less like swinging at aggressive tree stumps. Thoughts?
[Image: unknown.png]
The thing is, push skills already are the counter for Ingrain (or just kiting them).

For instance with HotG, it can push them by a large margin well out of range. If you do shunt them like this, they're forced to spend their Ingrain to unroot and get closer, which means they can't Ingrain again on the same round.

If you suggest this change, what would happen is you push them, it'd remove their Ingrain, then on their turn, they'd move to you and Ingrain which would mean faster characters would get leeched.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
This could, if not too overpowered, be fixed by giving the Legume a status (perhaps "Uprooted&quotWink which prevents them from using Engrain for a turn if they are moved while using it (which effectively already occurs with larger knockbacks). I'll admit, this would mainly give more purpose to Bash and Repel. As someone who loves Duelist/Soldier, I'm probably biased in their favor. I mainly got this idea by thinking "Vampiric Legumes are plants, and plants need to be rooted in the ground to get nutrition".
Legumes aren't all that bad to fight. As slydria says, just smack 'em with a knock back, kite 'em, or simply don't let 3 of the japanese fetishbois surround you. They have an extremely short range with their succ, so just skip a turn, and move away.
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]
Legumes aren't that bad to fight, no monster really is. I just felt like they were among the tougher ones and wanted to brainstorm a realistic solution that takes away some of their anti-tank potential. I can see, though, how minor a thing this is.
Legumes are one of the tougher non-GM mobs, yes. But, if we nerf them, then PvE becomes even more laughably simple than it is now. Besides, there's bigger things to focus on with the game right now than nerfing one random mob when PvE has become a side-focus for so many of us. Though, I do have PvE chars myself, and do enjoy it; I'd rather not see it change. Especially now that the new dumbgeons (that's right, a pun) spawns are in
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]
I'd like to suggest a contrary. We need more powerful mobs, for a challenge. It'd be kinda nice if boss battles were more like the mid-challenge tower, too. Stuff like the serpent, but in boss form.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity