Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sogensalt
I've reduced the SKI scaling by 20% in TB8.
Why not dip the STR scaling by 20 instead to keep it distinct from the Yukijin?
Hey Dev, mind removing Sogensara's on-hit effect too while you're at it? Just to make it different from Yukijin, make Sogensara inflict Frostbite LV (Ice ATK/2)

Even if you lower the Scaled Weapon Attack of it, the magic damage on-hit effect will still proc Bloody Palms, which will cover most of the damage it lost. Soooo... Do me this favor, and the sword both will probably not get any more complaints, and, get a new solid role.

(No solid ice puns intended.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
With what you've done scaling wise, reducing the ski over the str scaling, it's effectively Yukijin with a very, VERY subjective skill attached to it. Switching the scaling to 40 str 60 ski, and altering it to inflict statusres% chance of frostbite at ice atk/2 would definitely make it a different weapon overall. Otherwise, it's just going on the "Jins we dont use because Raijin is better" pile.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]
yeah, if you just reduce the Ski scaling down, it's arguably a worse Yukijin(It has 10% ice res and the hiddencut effects), even though it's like a thousand times more rare (Yukijin is literally a throw away item nowadys.)

Make it 40% str/60%Ski like in the OP, makes it still good but pushes it back in line.
I'd rather just bump it down to 50%/50% at best, instead of leaving another weapon that has more SKI scaling than STR.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I agree with Chaos.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
50/50 sounds most reasonable, just to make it stand apart from Yukijin. Though a 40/60 str/ski like Shujin suggested would also serve to make it equally as unique, while still putting it a cut above.
So long as its not 120% total scaling it should be fine, as it stands it just pairs too well with damage stacking modifiers and has seen extremely wide use, most katanas currently being replaced with it, perhaps a global buff to other katanas should be made eventually just to not solidify one katana as the staple.
I'd believe 40/60 STR/SKI would be best, as we already have a katana that is 50/50 in scaling.