Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beaten down, and can't get up again.
Nerfing teamwork tactics just because you lost to a team working better together isn't really warranted. There are plenty of counters to the strategy of reviving and healing. Ones as simple as using inference shell. If you come into a team fight without considering a counter to their healing then you fucked up. Things don't need nerfing because of your short sightedness. I get you are salty over the grind boys but this is just getting silly now.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
"Noxid" Wrote:Nerfing teamwork tactics just because you lost to a team working better together isn't really warranted. There are plenty of counters to the strategy of reviving and healing. Ones as simple as using inference shell. If you come into a team fight without considering a counter to their healing then you fucked up. Things don't need nerfing because of your short sightedness. I get you are salty over the grind boys but this is just getting silly now.
^ 100% this.

There is already a mechanic in the game to stop someone from healing. Just because someone can't use every status effect to counter every possible play all of the time doesn't mean that an entirely new mechanic should be added. Come on now guys.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I didn't think it necessary anymore since Sderg left but...

[Image: YX6ZTJ2.gif]
Not to mention that the mechanic is already incurable, most sources have no status resistance checks against it, it lasts 5+ rounds, AND you can't dodge the mechanic.

There's already a penalty associated with badly beaten that makes them vulnerable to this mechanic.
[Image: 2q2h99x.jpg]
No but it gives no value to bursting a team member down past the healer (where in most healers build tanky anyway), a 50% healing reduction doesn't stop someone from recovering completely it merely slows it down, this sort of thing isn't new to team fighting, we've had this problem for years now, now we have shit like GE Quetal, Negotiate, Wash Away and Cleanse Potions.

It all started back during the first attack on Cellsvich where people fought for like 9 hours straight because of the reviving that took place, and low and behold fights still take forever because of healing, not to mention a fast LB can prevent Interference entirely and cleanse potions exist, as well as wash away, Interference can be fought against now and thats a problem.

In the previous fight we had, which is probably what you guys refer to, even with no interference we would of eventually won and you guys quickly saw it, running away afterwards and claiming victory in the process, but it takes a special kind of comp to be able to win without interference against people can be revived a ton, I urge you to look at all the supporting posts from people who have actually played the game for a long time.
Spam healing is still an issue, 100% what Spoops is saying is true. This wouldn't be an issue if Interference was incurable, but it isn't, and it's still a rampant problem in serious PvP matches.
[Image: unknown.png]
Which uses up item slots that can't be reused or they have to spend m to cure it. Less M to spend on healing or damaging the other team. If you suspect the enemy to be packing immunities then you pack the appropriate counter strategies. You can dispel the immunity or even drain their FP. At the end of the day though this game is a big rock paper scissors and sometimes you just ain't gonna gonna guess right.

EditConfusedpam healing is not an issue. Use something other than pure damage. Pack some utility into your team comps
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
"Noxid" Wrote:Which uses up item slots that can't be reused or they have to spend m to cure it. Less M to spend on healing or damaging the other team. If you suspect the enemy to be packing immunities then you pack the appropriate counter strategies. You can dispel the immunity or even drain their FP. At the end of the day though this game is a big rock paper scissors and sometimes you just ain't gonna gonna guess right.

EditConfusedpam healing is not an issue. Use something other than pure damage. Pack some utility into your team comps

I don't see how a support doesn't want to spend their momentum to prevent these statuses, the point being that supports are currently the strongest classes in the game due to how healing never has to deal with percentage DR, it heals in large amounts to just about everyone, its never been balanced but we've been slowly trying for ages.

The point of this thread is that death is too easy to recover from currently, utility is often considered in a lot of team comps past just healing, thats why Tactician and Engineer exist, as well as hexer.
I support the OP. Prolonging 4v4 fights forever even after you beat someone down is just well... retarded as fuck. (hoo hee I make this fight last forever becos "temwork toctics". Goddamn it Meep.)

Second Chance even became a meme now. "Second Chance, Third Chance, Fourth Chance... etc" I would like a condition that prevents any revives to work on people under the effects of Badly Beaten to be implemented along the healing penalty.

And. Let me just unleash the Kraken. If any of the Grind Guys are reading this? Can y'all make Dullahan for your team and pair it up with a Priest? I think they'll see the thick line between salt and balance when you do. You will embrace the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Nu8nsAQyU
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]