Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tainted but not completely
Well the thing is, is that SAN and FAI are very specific to certain builds, they don't typically fit a melee fighter's role unless under certain circumstances, also not only to mention but old Tainted pertained to STR which was widely used in every physical fighter's build pre-GR, and while that hopefully persists today, some weapons don't benefit from a massive amount of STR as others do, causing a very large imbalance.

With that logic one should relate its effects to the weapon stats themselves and not any player stats, I'd hate for an enchant/curse to start becoming a stat buffer after all, I've actually wanted to propose a rework to Cursed effects in general, you never see Haunted/Parasitic/Tainted/Fleeting EVER be used in favor of rustic.

You could rework it into an offshoot of the Cursed enchant that monsters are frequently seen with, just have melee weapons inflict a random status from a list (not including stun, of course.) at the cost of some weapon stats, like accuracy/power/critical

Or give it scaled weapon power in return for the other weapon stats like accuracy/critical/weight
Spoops post_id=34749 time=1547051820 user_id=193 Wrote:Well the thing is, is that SAN and FAI are very specific to certain builds, they don't typically fit a melee fighter's role unless under certain circumstances, also not only to mention but old Tainted pertained to STR which was widely used in every physical fighter's build pre-GR, and while that hopefully persists today, some weapons don't benefit from a massive amount of STR as others do, causing a very large imbalance.

With that logic one should relate its effects to the weapon stats themselves and not any player stats, I'd hate for an enchant/curse to start becoming a stat buffer after all, I've actually wanted to propose a rework to Cursed effects in general, you never see Haunted/Parasitic/Tainted/Fleeting EVER be used in favor of rustic.

You could rework it into an offshoot of the Cursed enchant that monsters are frequently seen with, just have melee weapons inflict a random status from a list (not including stun, of course.) at the cost of some weapon stats, like accuracy/power/critical

Or give it scaled weapon power in return for the other weapon stats like accuracy/critical/weight

Hmm I think this a good train of thought.

Perhaps an unstableness to it where each turn it negatively affects one of the weapons attributes while giving a hefty buff to another.
I'd rather change it to drop your status resist if anything.
Neus post_id=34871 time=1547510035 user_id=2 Wrote:I'd rather change it to drop your status resist if anything.
Sounds good.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Sounds good.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]