Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A lantern to negate the chill!
With the addition of Frozen which can end up annihilating those without Strength (Struggle), or potions to reduce the duration of the effect, Dodge builds have a new nightmare to deal with. Sure there are some ways to reduce the effect or duration of the status but how about a prevention?

Experimenting with the gentle embers synergy for Lantern Bearers I noticed Fenrir doesn't have that great of a status negation, it prevents Celsius from being applied to you, but there are already plenty of ways for Celsius to be countered, such as Charge, Shukuchi, or really any fixed tile movement skill. Celsius isn't really a huge issue to deal with when compared to Frozen that not only removes evade entirely but makes the only viable means of movement two skills that I've seen so far; Blink, and Crescent rook.

As such I would like to propose that Fenrir (Gentle Embers) give a Frozen status-immunity as opposed to the Celsius Status-immunity. However, leave Fenrir (Offensive) As it is with only dealing Celsius, as to not make Lantern bearers end-all Freeze masters.
I don't know about this since it wouldn't really stay all to consistent and serve to make Ranger's (by far) strongest crowd control nigh useless because there happens to be a lantern bearer on the other team, I feel like Lantern Bearer is already in too far strong of a spot since it already prevents A LOT of CC, including knockdown and silence.

I'd rather stick it to a weapon potential or class skill for verglas (like tying it to insulate, which sees very little use) instead.
Yeah. I agree with Spo. Insulate seems like a good bet for that. And Frozen now has counterplay too, since you can Struggle out of it.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]