Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Higher The Better
So, I've been thinking Evoker can use some higher ranked invocations since they seem to be the staple invocation class (HSDW). These are all rank C invocations and would be powerful destructive spells as Evoker is known for causing natural disasters and they're all mapwide AOEs as they take longer to pull off.

Fire Branch
Meteor Storm
Your anger invokes the intensity of 1000 comets as you call them down to rain on your enemies, burning everyone alive. Deal fire magical damage map wide to all enemies on the field. If you are enchanted with nerhaven all enemies on the field have a chance to be inflicted with burn status for rank rounds as well as leaving random cinder tiles. If you are enchanted with Astral Belt the damage is split between fire and earth.

Rank 1: 6M, 60 FP, 100% FIRE ATK, 120% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 2: 59 FP, 130% FIRE ATK, 140% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 3: 58 FP, 150% FIRE ATK, 160% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 4: 57 FP, 180% FIRE ATK, 180% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 5: 56 FP, 200% FIRE ATK, 200% SCALED WEAPON ATK

Ice Branch
Deep Submerge
You channel the spirits of the ocean to cause a tsunami across the whole field, dealing water magical damage to all enemies. All enemies are now inflicted with muddy status for rank rounds as well as a chance of being silenced for 3 rounds. This spell cannot be affected by charge mind.

Rank 1: 6M, 60 FP, 90% WATER ATK, 100% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 2: 59 FP, 100% WATER ATK, 120% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 3: 58 FP, 130% WATER ATK, 140% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 4: 57 FP, 150% WATER ATK, 160% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 5: 56 FP, 180% WATER ATK, 180% SCALED WEAPON ATK

AND/OR

Wintry Squall
Your cold demeanor isn't the only icy thing about you. Call forth a hail storm of ice spikes upon your enemies dealing ice magical damage to all enemies on the field. If you are enchanted with kraken enemies have a chance of being inflicted with frostbite for rank rounds and leaving random ice tiles behind. If you have afflicted them with ice weakness they have a chance of being frozen instead for rank rounds.

Rank 1: 6M, 60 FP, 100% ICE ATK, 120% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 2: 59 FP, 130% ICE ATK, 140% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 3: 58 FP, 150% ICE ATK, 160% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 4: 57 FP, 180% ICE ATK, 180% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 5: 56 FP, 200% ICE ATK, 200% SCALED WEAPON ATK

Earth Branch
Magnetic Fissure
Bold and dense like the earth at your feet, your footsteps cause the ground to tremble, literally. Invoke an earthquake, dealing earth magical damage to all enemies on the field. If you are enchanted with galren all enemies are pushed back several tiles (1 + rank = 6 tiles max) instead of pulled in. If they are inflicted with magnetize they become knocked down as well. Special tile effects are also destroyed.

Rank 1: 6M, 60 FP, 100% EARTH ATK, 120% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 2: 59 FP, 130% EARTH ATK, 140% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 3: 58 FP, 150% EARTH ATK, 160% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 4: 57 FP, 180% EARTH ATK, 180% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 5: 56 FP, 200% EARTH ATK, 200% SCALED WEAPON ATK

Wind Branch
Breathless Whirlwind
Free spirited and child-like, you flow like the breeze. Create a typhoon that deals wind magical damage to all enemies on the field. If you are enchanted with talyvd all enemies are thrown to random tiles across the field and have a chance of being inflicted with lingering damage (slash) lvl equal to rank times 10 (5x10 = 50) for rank rounds. Furthermore this spell can interact with field hazards and objects.

Rank 1: 6M, 60 FP, 100% WIND ATK, 120% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 2: 59 FP, 130% WIND ATK, 140% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 3: 58 FP, 150% WIND ATK, 160% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 4: 57 FP, 180% WIND ATK, 180% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 5: 56 FP, 200% WIND ATK, 200% SCALED WEAPON ATK

Lightning Branch
Tesla Current
Eclectic and full of spark, you prefer to zap your enemies to a crisp. Generate enough energy to produce a localized lightning storm, dealing lightning magical damage to all enemies. If you are enchanted with redgull all enemies have a chance of being inflicted with interference however this spell cannot critically damage as you are focused on creating too many bolts. If an enemy is inflicted with interference already, there is a chance to rank times 5% (5x5 = 25%) you may stun them.

Rank 1: 6M, 60 FP, 100% LIGHTNING ATK, 120% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 2: 59 FP, 130% LIGHTNING ATK, 140% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 3: 58 FP, 150% LIGHTNING ATK, 160% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 4: 57 FP, 180% LIGHTNING ATK, 180% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 5: 56 FP, 200% LIGHTNING ATK, 200% SCALED WEAPON ATK

AND/OR

Roaring Thunderclap
Produce a high frequency destructive sound wave, dealing sound magical damage to all enemies on the field. All enemies have a chance of being inflicted with confusion for rank rounds. This spell will also deafen opponents for 3 rounds rendering every chat message they receive the same as having a ruptured eardrum. This spell cannot be affected by charge mind.

Rank 1: 6M, 60 FP, 90% SOUND ATK, 100% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 2: 59 FP, 100% SOUND ATK, 120% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 3: 58 FP, 130% SOUND ATK, 140% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 4: 57 FP, 150% SOUND ATK, 160% SCALED WEAPON ATK
Rank 5: 56 FP, 180% SOUND ATK, 180% SCALED WEAPON ATK
These are all rather interesting, im all for them if they get implemented. +1 from me.
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
Higher SWA scaling, please.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Snake post_id=35695 time=1552689535 user_id=310 Wrote:Higher SWA scaling, please.

Do you think that'd be okay? Because I'm unsure. Although they are C rank.
For consistency, either they'd all need to be affected by charge mind or none of them should, in my opinion, if they were considered for the game.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Okay I updated the scaling. I think it's quite fair as it takes a very long time to pull off C rank invocations. All of them are affected by Charge Mind except for 2 of them which are water and sound.
Realistically, this would be impossible to pull in a real combat anyway due to how lengthy this is. Fights in PvE often end earlier than that, Crazy or not. In PvP it may be possible, but there are plenty of rooms to burst the Evoker in case before they do anything significant. And putting Charge Mind on top of it makes preparing something like this cost around what? 21 Momentum? 4 rounds? Which is quite interesting. C-Rank Invocations could have the role of being a 'doomsday countdown'.

For that, I do believe these spells should at least ignore (either) Resistance (or) Elemental Resistance. As this is an area where people won't really complain much on balance, since just the huge Momentum cost justifies all.

I believe also that the scaling should be big on both sides. And SWA is much more solid, Elemental ATK alone never breaches beyond 90~80 without making the character in question a complete glass cannon. (Or be running a specific gimmick, such as VA.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Snake post_id=35720 time=1552956598 user_id=310 Wrote:Realistically, this would be impossible to pull in a real combat anyway due to how lengthy this is....
Realistically, an Evoker has plenty of time and security to pull at least one of these off (HSDW + Invocation Talent + anything granting Silence immunity, add in practically any source of defense boosting or attack redirection in team fights, etc.), and what you're suggesting would make these spells absolutely absurd. For example, momentum cost for casting just one of these spells is actually:
1. 13 Momentum (HSDW -> Casting) [2 Rounds]
2. 19 Momentum (CM -> HSDW -> Casting) [3 Rounds]

Nowhere near the investment costs needed to justify making these spells ignore prime defenses against Evoker spells. This goes doubly when they already have at least one solid effect each.

'Doomsday countdown' would be A-Rank, which I believe Kameron made a suggestion thread on some time ago.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Chaos post_id=35721 time=1552963288 user_id=75 Wrote:'Doomsday countdown' would be A-Rank, which I believe Kameron made a suggestion thread on some time ago.

I did, so it should come as no surprise that I support adding higher tier invocations in general.
All my thoughts on more invocations for evoker can be found in the above linked thread, I also support evoker getting some shown love into the very real possibility of what they should be able to accomplish given enough time and energy.