Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Always Hungry
I don't really understand why skills like ingrain which are from a vampiric mob don't work for recovering HP as a vampire. Imo it doesn't really make any sense as they're both vampiric species and vampires already utilize vampiric weapons. The same goes for items like spirit jar. That item isn't really pure in content, going by the lore it's basically a soul eating jar. In the end what I'm trying to say is there should be certain items and skills that still work with vampiric healing aside from silvermists as I think vampires are hardly the issue they used to propose. It's also healing in inhumane ways so I would think it does follow the anti mercala guidelines.
Makes sense to me, unholy means should probably heal vampires who do not have fasting vampire, and spirit jar and legume's heal sort of fall under this.
Vampires are also meant to only get blood from certain kinds of enemies (see: PC races that aren't Lich/Dullahan/Mechanation, pretty much every enemy type that isn't Bandits), and lose blood/Essence from standing in broad daylight, as well as a few other things I'm probably forgetting. These are not mechanically represented for the player's convenience, so please understand when I say that in Vampire's case, not everything they do mechanically is going to match 1:1 with the lore.

Spirit Jar sounds a bit too powerful, especially if they're in any sort of fight that involves a lot of (NPC) enemies.
Legume Install sounds better, but still a bit iffy, since Vampires aren't exactly meant to go into a fight and wage a war of attrition.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I don't think spirit jar with a vampire would be the most powerful thing at all as it can currently be used with any race and gives about 125-130 HP & FP per use and uses an accessory slot. Do remember vampires have a lot of weaknesses in-game. Most are currently run as suicide bombers if they have no way of healing or recovery. Also the cushioning you're providing in your argument as to why X can't be like Z because of mechanics doesn't really cover the fact that there are skills and items in-game that make sense for a vampire to use but can't. I.E. Blood Jewel what a more befitting name yet it does nothing for vampires. Meditate a non mercalan way of healing does not work either yet it utilizes Ki. My point is these are all things that should be but aren't? couldn't be? Which leaves plenty of holes. Legume are practically pets to all vampires.
I mean. Vampires are trash now thanks to their lack of sustain and getting 1-shot by Mystic Eyes, so I think this would be fine. Both the heals mentioned are conditional as fuck, not a HpS like Graft/Phoenix/etc that can be done over and over for the sake of sustain.

I recall Rebound from Ghost also being in the list of warranted considerations as 'vampiric'-available, even though it got shut down.

Overall, I agree that Vampires should have a 25% less benefit from heals that are not made of Magic instead of a whooping 75%, and 75% for only magic-made heals in general.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
That penalization has to only apply to mercalan magic which is practically most if not all of healing magic out there. Rebound also doesn't make any sense as to not work with an undead species yet your class name is "Ghost". Same with Black Elixir, it's from the void. These are all just things that heal out of Mercala's bounds which is practically what Huggessoa hates. I'd hope that Dev would reconsider these and the items and skills that are listed above.