Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Mr. Mime!
I've been thinking Spellthief could use something a little extra considering the CD on all stolen spells seems to hold you down for a little while.

Copycat - Copy or rather mimic the last skill used this round or last round by an enemy. The rank and duration of said copied skill depends on the user you copied it from and you do not keep the skill in your pool at all. This skill cannot lock any user's skills during the whole match unlike it's spell counterpart. Has a 2 round cooldown.
+1 to this.
But we do need a way to make it work lore-wise. Currently, spells are stolen and then stored in items as focus, that's why they have a cooldown, other than balancing and making it different from a mage. Maybe it could be explained like carefully watching and using leftover focus in the air left by the caster?
Other than that, as much as I like the idea, Spellthief copies spells, not skills. So it'd be spell-only copies, unless Dev says otherwise. It would be very memey though, I'd really like it to use other people's skills.
I figure it can copy skills and only skills rather than spells as you will not be keeping anything its only for that rounds usage so you have to choose wisely before using it as it's only 1 skill and it goes on CD. As for lore-wise you can simply mimic people through watching and familiarity, rogues are supposed to be very adaptable and crafty in combat so I thought why not. Combined with using FP to use this skill I think it fits in quite nicely. They have a lot of tools for stealing spells so I thought they needed a real spin on things instead of just copying spells again.
Sounds complicated, but if it is ever accepted I'd rather see this as a Rogue base class skill though. They're in dire need of something like it. That, and Spellthief is already plenty powerful by itself, other Rogue derivatives could use this little hand.

Also! The quote for the skill should clearly be: "Good artists copy; great artists steal."
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It's not complicated at all it's less complicated than snatching spells. Also I thought about it being given to rogue at the start but I'm not sure I don't think giving Void Assassin access to any more juice is needed. It's more so a special mimicry skill that I can picture Spellthiefs using. Also to be fair Spellthief has needed some extra umph for a while since Void Assassin received a lot of attention.
This sounds like something that needs a class around it, rather than tacking it onto something else.

It'd also need at least a few exemptions, otherwise everyone's just going to use it to get Demon Translation.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
A whole class based on copying your opponents skills? I'm sorry but that sounds rather cookie cutter akin to spellthief. That's also stretching a long mile for just 1 skill, I personally don't think it needs a whole class for it as that's just overkill. It sounds and feels like a spellthief/rogue skill to me idk. As for what skills work and don't work, that'd be for Dev to decide I guess I don't know which skills he'd be comfortable with but to me it wouldn't matter because you're not keeping it in the end.
If this is implemented it would be better if the copied skill was based on your own stats than a perfect execution if what was just cast. I can see this being potentially broken for some abilities if it were.
Sounds good to me.That's fine as well. It has a CD too.