Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My right hands great but left ones a little shakey
I've been looking at archer a lot and one thing that's been coming to my mind a lot is why don't some of these skills work for guns. I don't think it would impact gameplay greatly to have these few skills work with guns as well seeing as archers can use all kinds of ranged weaponry. And a lot of them make sense with gun weapons as well. Until you add a harpoon gun that is anyway :^).

Changing the following to gun skills as well: Snipe, Keyshot, Snake Shot

I could also argue maybe pulling shot and aerial razor as well but idk.
I don't know about aerial razor, but Keyshot, Snipe, and POSSIBLY snake-shot's poison could, not the snake-wrap effect though. I'm all for Archer having a tiny bit more coverage for guns, but I also want a skill added to rival starbow, but it's basic attacks instead of an auto-hit, with let's say, a reduction to hit chance based on rank, at rank 5 having only 10 hit taken off. It's interaction with multi-shot guns would be only half the rounds are fired. (because quickdraw memes)
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Aerial razor is just a sharp arrow fired at your opponent, the equivalent would just be a piercing bullet. I agree with snake shot only inflicting poison and not snake wrap though that makes sense to leave to bows only. I do however think Key-shot and Snipe are a shoe in as they're pretty much self-explanatory.
I'd rather just new skill entirely be added for guns in this sense, though snipe and keyshot could very well apply, Long Draw is sort of sketchy but you could also consider it like drawing a bead.
Snipe and Keyshot should both be at half efficiency if used for guns at minimum, or else the pew-pews may overshine the bows more than what they do right now.

Snake Shot usable with guns? It will be wonky due to the animation. I prefer a new gun skill that does the same thing but inflicts Lingering Damage.

Rogue could also get a Gun skill. Maybe something that makes you throw a trap/explosive at the enemy, and while they're 'debuffed' with said trap, all the damage they take one round will accumulate over and then explode on the next.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
How would they overshine bows if bows already get the full benefit and more. It's +16 hit +2 range for Snipe and +15 crit for Keyshot. That's hardly "overshining" when bows can already longdraw and pulling shot from across the screen. Archer currently works more in favor for bows than guns, it wouldn't destroy bows by giving them a little more synergy. Plus its kind of silly for gun related terms/skills to apply at half, they're both ranged weaponry. A poisoned shell makes perfect sense to me, it's not hard to make the animation just a regular bullet but greenish.