Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skill Slots Suggestion
With the changes in classes, the new classes, active traits that needs to be equipped, important passive and skills for the given classes and whatnot, the amount of skill slots one can get is kinda slow and surely getting outdated without tricks like tome and so on. It's getting a little hard to balance out skills for both classes whilst limited to 18-22 skills by normal means. This suggestion here is to pretty much help provide more slots as well as update a stat and ink bonus.

Suggestion: Choosing vitality stats to also provide skill slots. While everyone does build into it, little or a lot depending on the build, it also providing a bit of skill slot can't be as bad now could it? I was thinking more like each +8 points added to base grants +1 skill slots.

The second part of this suggestion is; just like trait points and talent, is it possible to allow people to buy extra permanent skill slot with inks? Up to three or five like the listed. So in a sense, it'll allow them to get more if they're willing to grind for them.

Editor's note: The +8, made a small adjustment to it to make it a little more clear. Added another number to the ink section
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Yes please. It's become incredibly overwhelming if you're a none tome/magic user. I have characters that reach way above the average amount of skill with a nice portion of guile added that STILL lack skill slots while as mages literally have extra slots lying around that don't even need use. I'm not sure about VIT granting slots as that feels a little off to me, I would maybe make it a trait and require maybe around 40 base VIT to unlock. but I do agree that the Legend Book should offer slots to those that actually will utilize them. 5 inks for +5 slots doesn't sound overbearing what so ever as it's universal and anyone/any build can take it up. +1 from me.
Actually I'd suggest we bring the system from pre-GR back where in every 10 levels provides 1 additional skill slot (Which was removed at GR), that'd probably be fine, or hell if thats too many bump it down to every 15 levels instead.
Every 15 levels giving 1 skill slot sounds perfect to me with the current system.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Every 15 Levels sounds reasonable to me as well. +1
[Image: Empress_of_Light.gif]
Yes, please. For one, I hate how at low level I can barely use my passive skills since they take so much space, and for two, I hate how WIL, SKI and GUI stats can get to the point they become 'must be at this number or you suck', and ruin our freedom to build newer things.

15 LVs = 1 Skill Slot, A-OK.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Every 15 levels = 1 slot seems reasonable to me at least, so I'll give my Airide seal of approval there.

But while I'm on the subject, if we're gonna do that can we do something about our racial skills needing to take up slots as well? Because that's also a thing where like a WT's fangs and absorbing poison should be natural as an example. (And by natural I mean like a Corbie's gain air for example) 'Cause that will also help with the skill slot issue as well.

In my opinion, of course.
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
Getting a skill slot every 15 levels sounds nifty!

By the way, yeah, I do believe racial skills shouldn't take skill slots. We're talking Retract Claws, Lunar Lunatism, Silvermists, things like those.
While I have no strong opinion on a suggestion for more skill slots, I'd say that I advocate for racials not to cost skill slots to take. Would seem strange that having the skills of a fighter somehow makes some races forget how to do basic things for their race.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Wait, wait wait wait wait wait we're going at this all wrong. However, as your sovereign GOD, I'll take it upon myself ad help you guys out, because even I missed this tidbit.

Why don't we just change Will from +1 Skill Slot Per Every 10 Points and instead reduce it to 5, so +1 SKill Slot Per Every 5 Points in Will?
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]