Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Railgun, Kills in 3 turns
Most classes have some form of ability to deal AoE damage that can get rid of the invoke.

Or the ability to put down damage tiles of any sort to break the invoke.

Or the ability to put down silence, poison, or burn to keep it from invoking.

It's now just brainless to deny it at all. And if you have to be next to it to move it with a MAP, you can't avoid being in a nice and cozy spot for any other form of AoE damage to make people targeting it easy and free.

Additionally, the change to overclock means you can no longer use overclock to get an action out of your bot on the turn that you summon it. This was the only reason to ever really use overclock beforehand.
Honestly if the railgun is kept as a spell, it really needs some form of invocation protection.

These changes will leave the railgun in a rather unused state which is honestly pretty sad considering it was just added. Not that I'm saying it wasn't overtuned of course. Right now it has a lot of counters and they're all easily accessible, the only merit the bot has is its hefty HP at max rank (around 800~ HP) and it requires three turns total to get off /once/.

Bots have to wait until the next round start to get their turns in their present state, which makes it so anyone with decent enough initative can generally screw over bot positioning or potentially kill it before they can act. Not to mention it can easily be silenced before its first turn even comes by.

I stand by Spo's suggestion of turning it into a skill with a one round CD is the best way to keep the bot in usable state while keeping its main weakness intact.
The bot has 600~ HP now and seems to have less defense as well.

Seems impossible to get off in a fight. Just died before ever getting a chance to start an invocation.

While this will never be fixed as there's no reason to ever make anything that's not a Ghost/DH/Monk skill any good, it's actually just worthless now unless the enemy literally doesn't know what it is. The only two fights I've gotten it off in in the past twenty were either due to it being covered up by smoke and knocked off of its cinder tiles by an explosion.

The other fight was my first fight against someone slower than me where I managed to skip combo it when they didn't have any reliable form of DoT or start of round damage.

And I've made sure to throw it down at least once in every fight.