Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Complete] Karaten (21/11/2019)
I love it!
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
This is eye candy! My only concern is how the ASAGO building's colors seem to conflict with the rest of the map but that might be just me... although it's not a big deal.

EDIT: Figured I should elaborate, but it kinda feels like the ASAGO building is 'forced in' to me? It's mainly because of the color differences though. Granted I don't think it'd be consistent if the bank building looked different from the other ones just to fit in with Karaten more (unless that is something ASAGO would totally do?).
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I think I've done as much as I'm able to, of course there are still things needed to be done but it'll be up to Dev to arrange that. I'll be sending all the files directly to the boss man.

Here's what's not set up:

- Lighting
Since lighting got an upgrade, I didn't think it would be a good idea to use the old area-based stuff and I'm pretty sure the new stuff is not in the current version of the map editor so unless obj/time_obj/streetlamp just happens to count as a light source in the actual game then that'll have to get set up by Dev.

- Overworld Feature
I wasn't sure how I'd do this for mine in particular since two of the tiles would be entrances and the other two would be dense. Currently Karaten exits to a test map (karaten_overworld_test.dmm) where the "feature" is just done with markers and marker tagged areas.

- Region_marker obj for Karaten
The code files said to leave Dev to set that up so I've not messed with that.

- Music
I didn't know where to search for free to use music, so currently there isn't any. In SL1, Karaten had a music box tune to it so if I did know where to search, I'd probably try and find something that also incorporates that.

But aside from that, it should be good to use.

Though I do have a lot of ideas for Karaten that I'd like to mention for Dev's consideration when implementing NPCs or whatever other features he wants to put in.

So here's what I had in mind:

- The Inn is intended to double as a small tavern. So ideally the Innkeeper would also sell food.

- The Pawn Shop is a bit more complicated, as a throwback to SL1, the actual pawn shop function would be delegated to a Mimic since back then, The Mimic in Karaten basically had the same function where you'd throw unwanted items and get murai in exhcange. I've included this NPC in the files but here's a look for everyone else. (Credit to Trex for the original icon)    

- The Pawn Shop was also made in mind to double as an Alchemist. The Alchemist is a pretty straightforward idea, they would sell potions and/or some potion reagents, as well as being the one to talk about the above Mimic.

- There's also a Library, this is another new idea that basically could be used for a couple of things. One being that it could be used as a place to contain lore (such as what's being cataloged in the Lore Compendium thread.) Another function I had in mind is that the Librarian could sell Tomes (including ones not currently sold), Recipe Books and/or Recipe Cards.

- The Mage's Guild in Karaten has two floors, since I imagine like how they have less influence in Oniga, they'd have more influence in Karaten. I also had an idea for a new NPC to include for the second floor where they would sell Familiars or crafting reagents for them, which is another concept from SL1.

[spoiler]Familiars in SL1 were an item that had their own equipment slot, unlike other equipment, they could "Level" up to a maximum of 20, which increased the passive benefits they provided.

But how they'd function in SL2 would be different in some ways, so here's what I had in mind:
- Familiars would be Accessory Items that spawn associates which have their own stats, one or two skills, etc. and can gain experience from combat and can Level Up to become more effective.
- Familiars also provide a passive benefit to their owner that scales based on their Level, however, that benefit is lost if the Familiar is defeated.
- Familiars aren't intended to be strong, instead the idea is they'd offer a useful passive effect and some utility options but are easy to take down.

Here's an example idea for a Familiar:
Floating Eye

Description:
The Floating Eye is a pretty obviously named Familiar. It's able to help it's owner by attacking enemies from afar, as well as scouting out and getting a good read on enemies.

Effects:
Summons the Familiar when in combat.
The owner gains bonus Hit equal to half of the Familiar's Level when it is summoned. (Current: 1)

Stats:
Level: 1/30
Exp: 0/100
30 HP, 25FP
2 STR, 5 WIL, 8 SKI, 5 CEL, 1 DEF, 1 RES, 6 VIT, 4 LUC, 0 FAI, 2 GUI, 0 SAN, 0 APT

Skills:
Analyze Weakness

- I've also included a Clinic for Karaten since last update. It would basically function the same as the one in Dormeho.

- There's a school in the Mage Sector, mostly there to be a public RP area for would-be students.

- The Geistritter Headquarters is also located in the Mage Sector, this one was requested and mostly also exists for RP but could also be used to have NPC/s that explain Geistritter lore.

- Finally, there's a couple of buildings connected, these are all about Mechanations, the left building handles all the paperwork, licensing, etc. of Mechanations while the right one is a workshop where Mechanations are made.

While neither building has a function in mind, I see them mostly as a good opportunity to add on Mechanation lore by having NPCs talk about the process to make and license one.

Another idea I had for these buildings is that you could start a quest here where you have to go and find a recently missing Mechanation after their former owner passed away so they could be assessed and potentially given a new role or scrapped.

Once finding them, you could either engage in an easy fight or try to convince them to come peacefully (something that is easier to do if you have certain traits or are a Mechanation yourself!)

Then either they'd get scrapped if you fought them because they're too much of a hazard or if they come peacefully, they'll be repurposed.
[/spoiler]

I'll include screenshots in a later post.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
Screenshots (Fair warning, there's going to be a lot here!)

East Housing District:
[Image: 10310309a6.jpg]

[Image: cba79632fd.png]

[Image: 1109cc188c.png]

[Image: b0035b293a.png]

[Image: 8d391a0742.png]

[Image: d318a0870f.png]

West Housing District:
[Image: 48a549b890.jpg]

[Image: 3b5ab228c4.png]

[Image: 359665e40c.png]

[Image: ee421923d8.png]

[Image: 282cf4994f.png]

[Image: 1040c22863.png]

Mage Sector:
[Image: a7a58f808a.jpg]

[Image: 8c9b70b0e8.png]

[Image: 5e9debfc85.png]

[Image: 774e2fb9a9.png]

[Image: e053400199.png]

[Image: cee916c150.png]

[Image: 743c69aeaf.png]

Public Sector Interior:
[Image: f16bc39538.jpg]

Inn/Tavern:
[Image: 1cc6e41f78.png]

[Image: 488708c742.png]

Alchemist/Pawn Shop:
[Image: 5694b9f272.png]

Library:
[Image: fb96f7cfef.png]

Blacksmith:
[Image: 0f677115c5.png]

Mage's Guild
[Image: c56bc70b9b.jpg]

[Image: 3b9038ccf7.png]

Clinic:
[Image: 804576c37b.png]

Mage Sector Interior:
[Image: 21deeed5d4.jpg]

School:
[Image: 9ff0ba75a8.png]

[Image: ec64de17c7.png]

[Image: e285e04bf0.png]

Mechanation Offices:
[Image: 6d2fdf3574.png]

Mechanation Workshop:
[Image: 37f4cc6f1f.png]

Geistritter HQ:
[Image: 4bb279cd24.png]

[Image: fe271e3de5.png]

[Image: 2dd17e430e.png]

[Image: fd3b4b1dfe.png]
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
HOLY SHIBA I'M IN LOVE.

PLEASE, PLEASE, I WANT THIS IN SO MUCH.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8459553]
This come from my mind Slydria, its look good enough while also details you have, I just wonder if the things you used are able to become DISKers for use to use, while I'll wonder what will the NPCs will be.

Not going to lie, you now make me wanted to have my house in Karaten as I am sacrificing my place (when this exists ingame)

Edit note: I wonder about the Mechna Forest thingy, but have a rest atleast Slydria!
[Image: b69d8dc830a1a6b64ce233e92b2e79c9.png]
[Image: bc307a682fc5f9d2b0a5c0de4dc3aa90.png]
[Image: 5441207b804d39be46ea2d5f9d73eff7.png]
Looks good so far! Keep up the good work, looking forward to exploring the new city.
A hunting cat stalks the pouncing cat with care.
Internal Matilda squeels

I guess it's time to return to the motherland.
Ingame, I am:

Matilda Perugia - A Karatynn.

WHAT IS A COFFEECCUBUS?

A type of "ccubus" that is a form of a succubus, but instead of feeding off of sexual energy, she feeds off of Coffee. She also is a morning person, so always expect your coffee to be made, with breakfast and your coffee pot being stolen or molested.