Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guns, Guns, Guns!
So, I had a thought... What if we remove MG's 25% will scale, but add 25% total to all guns total scaling as a balance so guns don't get just tossed into the dumpster if you aren't using MG with them... So we can see unique set-ups... Beyond Desperado.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I agree with this, for non mg builds and hopefully future gun related classes, taking this away from MG is required to open the design space.

I feel that also its worth considering making certain aspects of magic gunner main class only. the +50 to shotguns, one shot overcharge, possible halve the effectivness of shells when subclassed. Heck make overcharge main class only maybe.
I disagree, being Destiny archer would be garbage if MG has to be at mainclass to be usable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mewni's post:
  • Trexmaster
First off, guns need a much needed rework and a buff, but I digress, I disagree considering, this shit doesn't need to be main classed only when archer already has main class only shit and doesnt need to be hindered even more so considering how stuff is now.
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
Gotta agree, when MG isn't 'broken' by something (see the QD thread) it tends to just be a decent but not super strong class. Opening up guns to be used beyond MG and DH would be nice to see though.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
The problem isn't Mg being broken

Its that mg is to 'essential' to any gun build and guns are kept in a weakened state and constantly nerfed around not being too strong when MG is included in a gun build.

If we ever want another class with a gun related focus that can stand on its own, we need to cut down the weeds of MG to allow something else to bloom beside it, as an equal, both with viable choices compared to each other.

Multishot guns are kept where they are right now because if they actually did decent damage without shell effects they'd be op.
I think this post is somehow based on the entirely unproven belief that somehow nerfing MG would pave way for guns to be better. You can improve guns without nerfing MG. If MG then becomes overtuned, adjust it later down the line. I can't agree with the removal of the passive but perhaps extra scaling on guns wouldn't be bad - it's mainly the multihits that need the love, though. Not all guns.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
Multi hits need to just not induce suicide against a plethora of items.
I mean taking away the 25% wil scaling from MG, and just put it on all guns in general, is not nerfing MG. Its leveling it with other gun users. and BUFFS MG....They get one extra skill point to spend!

However MG is essential for gunners for other reasons, like the hit stacking, the extra power and the super versatile and strong status infliction ignoring shell effects. MG has an answer to most of your problems in a fight, they do not nessecairy need to burst down with high damage, if they can render your opponent unable to fight back.

Honestly I do not mind removing that specific part from magic gunners in favor for all guns to benefit from it no matter the set up.
Shujin post_id=38287 time=1574204685 user_id=135 Wrote:I mean taking away the 25% wil scaling from MG, and just put it on all guns in general, is not nerfing MG. Its leveling it with other gun users. and BUFFS MG....They get one extra skill point to spend!

However MG is essential for gunners for other reasons, like the hit stacking, the extra power and the super versatile and strong status infliction ignoring shell effects. MG has an answer to most of your problems in a fight, they do not nessecairy need to burst down with high damage, if they can render your opponent unable to fight back.

Honestly I do not mind removing that specific part from magic gunners in favor for all guns to benefit from it no matter the set up.

Friendly reminder that taking away the WIL scaling doesn't negate the fact that it's a base skill required to even get any Magic Shells to begin with. In other words, you'd be still spending the point all the same. Some people aren't even aware of the 25% WIL Scaling since the main thing is more-so. "I can't get magic shells without this skill!!!"

As for my take on all this stuff. I'm just gonna say no until I get some more detailed reasoning. I'd rather know why it "feels like guns are getting tossed into a dumpster if you aren't using them barring Desperado" than to just mindlessly agree or not. Ye.

So if that ever gets chimed at my face violently, i'll gladly chime back. Until then. No. Since i've no clear conveyed reason to go either way.