Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am using big words
After reading through Spo's balance fu about notching down the invocation talent a bar, I got to thinking about how there's very little punishment for attacking someone who is invoking. That said, if the nerf even goes through for words of power, I think there should be a new subsection under Invocation called Reflecting Glyph - When attacked during casting an invocation you reflect back SR*5% (max of 3 points = 15%) of physical and magical damage. I think this is pretty fair and standard as you're still taking the damage and it's not a huge percentage. I am contemplating if it should be 30% but I think that's a tad high.

edit: After doing some testing with large numbers and invocations. I don't think 30% is too high at all actually and seems average with what you'd reflect back. I.E. I hit someone with a basic attack of at least 150-200 physical damage. You'd be reflecting 45-60 damage back (before resists) which isn't mind blowing.
I do not think thats a good idea.
The chances that spo suggests are already risky enough to even try, you don't need to add punishment to it to make it even more rewarding to cast an Invocation.
There are no rewards for casting an invocation currently you're just casting to attack or set up a field effect or summon youkai etc. otherwise you're a sitting duck, so I'm confused really by what you're trying to say. The only perks of being an invocation spammer is HSDW, Lazarus Wind, and Greaper all of which require Evoker exclusively which not everyone uses. I'd like to think that if you're charging up a big spell and someone attacks you it should also hurt them as well considering the amount of magic at work. This is also assuming Words of Power gets a nerf which would open a window to every build not carrying a silence effect which let's be real isn't that common considering how many classes have silence effects...