Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blazing Cyclone Spam
Part of the feeling of Cyclone Spear nowadays seems to be that fat AoE that you can put out to support your team and deal some damage, combined with setting down cinder tiles with blazing. I think that's very powerful, but like Fern said, I don't think gutting it is the right way to go. I like seeing spears in play nowadays rather than just three versions of sword builds wandering around.

Miller had a great development suggestion on the airborne part. I think making foes go airborne is a great treatment for Blazing CS to avoid cinder damage getting overwhelming, but more than that I like that firebird would get a way to make enemies go airborne. If it seems too overwhelming, especially in handling teams with a combo like CS>Typhur, it might be better to run with no pull on blazing or a shorter cinder radius, and airborne in the center.

I really DON'T want to see a cooldown applied to this skill, to be honest, ESPECIALLY if any of these nerfs come into play. I feel like it'll lose a ton of value like that and leave Firebirds relying on other classes to make their special tiles for ignite power, instead of being capable on their own of using their kit.

Rolling back to what Fern said, I can also agree with reducing the actual deploy range of the AoE to prevent it from being an all-field snipe tool.
I can see that multiple people are seemingly ignoring the part of my post saying that you don't need to make the skill inflict airborne at all like the explosion method, and instead just change the skill to pull 1 tile and then generate the cinders afterwards, which would achieve the same thing except not bring a powerful AoE airborne into the mix.

The difference between Explosion and Cyclone Spear is that Explosion can't actually be combo'd into as an airborne effect and that purely exists to prevent synergy with other skill's cinders. (Namely Sear)

While Cyclone Spear doesn't go off at the end of the round, it goes off during your turn, allowing you to combo very well into it given its wide AoE, the intention is to nerf Blazing Cyclone Spear's impact, not give it a different avenue to abuse, I'm sorry but I 100% disagree with it gaining any sort of airborne, unless it was focused solely on the center of the skill (where a pull doesn't even happen.)
I'm not ignoring that part at all, if anything you are ignoring the part where i said

"If the range changes at all"

If all that changes is the cinder being put after the pull, sure, i see no issue then.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mewni's post:
  • Trexmaster
I don't agree with the Airborne component, I think that would just steal thunder from Lift Off and I don't think Cyclone Spear needs more to it's already strong list of features.

Anyway, please keep in mind with the upcoming change to how Feathers will work...

Quote:* Magical Feathers now resonate when they touch an enemy. (Either by being created in the same tile as one, or by being stepped on.)

...the pull from Cyclone Spear becomes more significant since all you need to do to activate them is get someone to touch them. It's why this should be dealt with sooner than later.

(e.g. Falcon Strike -> Blazing Cyclone Spear as it stands would be a brutal combo.)

EDIT:
Quote:Duelist
* Cyclone Spear - Blazing version no longer pulls.

Oh, well, there we go. That's good enough for me.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]