Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vile Helmet not vile enough
Currently: +5 Acid Attack

I'd really like to see a buff happen for this helmet. For an 8* item it doesn't feel in league with the others at all. It's the least used if not at all in comparison to DK Helmet and Snake Helmet. Therefore I suggest tacking on something like +5 Guile or +2-3 Guile +10% crit damage in addition to the +5 acid attack.
It's meant to fall in line with the other elemental attack increasing accessories. Such as the obsidian ear rings, tornado pendant, metal beads, etc. It's already stronger than its brethren due to being a helmet that can benefit from Mask of metal.
All of those items are relics of the past that haven't seen daylight. Not one person uses them really and most are used for raremetal. If you'd like to suggest buffs for them in another post that'd be good too. But I disagree, I don't think mask of metal gives it any edge over other elemental accessories as that doesn't stop me from using a better helmet like dragon king or snakemen. Using "but X and Y are like this so Z should be as well" doesn't really pertain to this argument as they're different types of accessories to begin with and should have different functions. Currently they're all just mimicking the same elemental atk train thats all there is really so, it's rather a far stretch you're making. Also when I say compared to other items I don't just mean elemental atk items, I meant other 8* items in general.
Tons of people use them in Ele ATK Min-Max Builds. kek. That's about it from what i've seen. And it's usually more potent than one would think in those kinds of builds.

If you buff this meme, i'd expect every other Ele ATK Item to get buffed as well. Y'know. To keep it in line and stuff.

Otherwise, hard no. Plain and simple there.
The only buff this item needs is more meaningful uses of acid attack. But that'll probably only happen with the creation of a new class to hold those mechanics.
This was based more on the fact that we don't have many helmet choices as theres only 2 popular ones everyone uses because frankly they give better perks. That was my goal for this simply to add another to the collection people will pick up. That said Dev does not like grouping multiple subjects into one topic, if you guys would like to make your own posts that'd be great but please don't derail from the topic at hand. The other items can be given the same treatment.
I mean you could probably just bump up all of the elemental atk acccessories to +10 elemental atk, and it'd be fine, they'd be considered over the likes of high mage cape and stuff a lot more than they are currently.

While this isn't exactly the most worthwhile contribution, I do know I use Vile Helmet on my acid-themed lich with the acid tome custom spells, its not very great but it + the serpent necklace are the only accessories that boost acid atk up.