Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Stalemate Buff
The big three parry skills are Eviter, Stalemate and Ice Point Guard.

Eviter reduces martial weapon damage from basics/skills (not spells) that's coming from your line of sight. By 50%.

Ice Point Guard parries martial weapon damage from basics/skills/spells coming from all directions except the tile adjacent to your back, on top of increasing your Evasion! damage reduction by 15%. By 30%. (although it can be dispelled)

Then there's Stalemate, reducing damage taken from basics by 75% except from the tile adjacent to your back.

Most of the more threatening skills in this game tend to be either some kind of autohit or spells (mainly spells at the moment) so when a choice has to be made between, for example, Eviter and Stalemate... Eviter is usually the one that gets chosen.

Stalemate gets more reduction, yes. But it blocks far less than the other two parry siblings. That's technically less damage reduction in the long run. Keep in mind most of the skills in the game are autohits and spells.

I'm not aiming to suggest making Stalemate a parry god or anything, but if it activated the Black Wind whenever it'd proc, I think that would help it a bit. I can't say I have many ideas that wouldn't get out of hand, but I think this one would be fine assuming there isn't a better one.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I agree, with the range stalemate covers if they moved it closer to eviters proc and proc'd black winds I'd imagine people would use it more often, or even incentivize black knight and keep that with 75% as a mainclass only skill making it appealing to make more choices when picking a base class for more than "Fluer/eviter or bust"
And increase the chance back to 100% Scaled DEF, like it was before on pre-GR.

Burn is removing DEF so at the moment the chance is pretty much sub-50% most of the time.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I wouldn't mind if it invoked the Black Wind whenever Stalemate triggered, but I don't necessarily think it needs it. What I think it needs more than anything is a higher base chance to activate. Sure, it's a strong skill, but as Fern stated earlier, most of the truly scary skills in the game are auto-hits.

I'd like to see the scaling raised back to a 100% defense, but 75% would be just as fine as well, to make it less of a coin-flip for the people taking it. That said, it triggering the Black Wind would be cool, too.
I think 100% DEF Scaling on it is fine, sure its a strong DR but it has limitations in what it can apply to, namely basic attacks. With Basic Attacks the way they are now we should open up an avenue for the physical tanks of the game to deny them better. As that is what they are supposed to excel at. Its not like they stop autos/magic super well either.

I'd much rather have a mini-rework to Black Wind that fixes all its issues rather than give it a blanket fix that really achieves nothing but gives tanks already stacking tons of DEF/Armor an extra 10% DR that applies after literally all of that.

Realistically Black Wind gives nothing meaningful to Black Knight, except maybe +3 range on Castling.
I think I'd rather make it a SKI based chance rather than increase the DEF ratio.
I personally think that would remove a huge part of the skill's identity, and that it wouldn't really change much. The issue was never which stat it scaled from, it was the rate of which it triggered from the mentioned stat, and while people tend to stack truckloads of more skill, sure, because it's an offensive stat, it still falls under the same category of being essentially a coin flip.

Please don't make it scale off skill, Black Knights are supposed to be physically defensive monsters, and this takes away a huge chunk of that style of play from it.
I'm with Walrus there, and also Spo. There shouldn't be an issue reverting the nerf on this anymore (The DEF scaling going back to 100%), since you've implemented so many alternative ways to just ignore this specific parry effect. (The amount of Skills/Spells you've added, mainly. There's little room for Stalemate to proc normally. And Burn acting as the main counterplay for this nowadays.)

I'd accept it becoming SKI if it became a better Eviter, not gonna lie. Making it work on Skills and Spells by martial weapons when.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'll have to agree with Walrus and Snake on this - I feel as though the skill - and Black Knight - would lose a pretty iconic bit of their identity if the scaling was switched to Skill. I think that Fern's initial suggestion to allow it to activate Black Wind when it procs is fine - I think it'd actually be pretty neat if it procced it prior to recieving the damage, for the sweet damage reduction from Black Knight itself.