Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Complete] Badlands Arena (2020/08/19)
Visually I like it, looks much more how an arena should be.

What I think might become an issue is once again hitting people who aren't in combat, especially on the west/east banks.

Unfortunate kinda that we never get players to spawn in the actual arena...Damm weirdos fighting on the grass in front of the arena. But I guess thats a little tricky if more than one match is happening, unless its just separate battle map entirely and not like the current "In arena" fights that are visible in the overworld. And probably would be fine with that, but the random grass fields can get a bit silly.

Tiny suggestion, about the top seats(Ignore the blackbar its just a quick sample):
[Image: 2dB1S1j.png]

Simply cause the arena can get crowded at times and more seats are probably fine and while I know you were going for a symetric picture I feel the seat constellation was unrealistic. Its fine either way though.

Maybe a torch each side next to the arena gate in the middle? looks a little empty there,a nd I feel there is a lack of light sources for the night at that spot..probably.
[Image: vPdhF3m.png]

Here is the final product, at request I've added a few more trees to the area and have given the upper seating area a few more seats, I'm not sure how very well utilized they might be, but I hope that one day we will be able to fight in the actual arena itself with player vs player so that that area might see some love.

I've provided in the zip folder all of the necessary files and a picture detailing some locations I'd intended NPCs/Entrances to be, I wasn't quite sure how to make entrances and exits on a singular map so I apologize.

Courtesy of wonderful Slydria there is also a new overworld icon I have included as well, many people often misconceive the arena to be inside a tent currently so this would be a good way to update that too.

[Image: unknown.png]

If anything else is required please feel free to PM me or ping me in the mapping channel on Discord and I'll do my best to provide.

Edit: Don't mind the map file's name, feel free to rename it, as I forgot to.

[Image: t5aSL1q.png]

Attached Files
.zip   Badlands Arena.zip (Size: 32.7 KB / Downloads: 204)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Senna