Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE LIGHT, MY EYES [2.27V]
[Image: iERicv7oSWGMvtkpJ1uwjA.png]

THIS, MY EYES-

Torch, when you join a battle with Torch active, THIS can happen.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Uhm...
The image doesn't load at all.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
It's loading for me. I'll post a link just in case

https://gyazo.com/80203a499574be6eb11d496ba158d105
I need more details on how to reproduce this reliably. Just requesting to join a party with a torch active didn't cause this issue for me.
Perhaps I should chalk it up as a bug on reboot? As far as it goes, the was night, the person send a request to join the battle, they had to wait for someone to move from the spawn spot and when they did enter the battlefield, that's how they looked.
Did any of them have torches? Those can cause issues sometimes.
Ah yes, adding to this even though it's necro'd as heck.

If you 'teleport' to places, as in, use a warper tile which moves you from one zone to another (especially upon entering camps, or inside player houses), the party members won't load the day/night cycle (or any darkness settings) properly or the zone's darkness/light configuration. Currently, the warpers that 'cancel' the day/night cycle (or any darkness settings) seem to be for Water Houses, New House Floors and entering Camps through Shift+Enter.

There might be more but the reason may be as said below:

In all these scenarios in particular, the effect won't be loaded for the party at all. I suspect these warpers only teleport the leader, while the party is manually repositioned by some x/y/z coordinate, which makes them bypass any day/night/darkness check the game makes while the party leader steps into the tile.

Which makes the Torch become a solar flare since there's no darkness for it to shade, and the reason of this 'glitch' to happen.

It'd be nice if stepping on the tile loaded it for the whole party, as well as using shift+enter to enter camps.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This has been corrected for camps. When you say 'Water Houses' and 'New House Floors', what do you mean exactly?
I hope I can describe the how-to right enough, for this I'll call the correct 'working as intended' as "Darkness", which should always be active while not in BDPs (I think?):

- Get in a party, go inside a Player House that has "Darkness" active.
- Have the leader walk to another floor of this Player House (through Extra Level).
- If this new floor has different "Darkness", the party leader's "Darkness" will be updated accordingly to whatever settings there is, but the rest of the party members will not.

This is replicated more reliably when walking through a tile that modifies your "Darkness" values. The invisible trigger tiles.

It's expected to affect all of your party, but it only affects the leader, not the rest of the party members. It kind of forces the party members to leave the party so they can walk through this tile to get their Darkness settings updated.

In regards to the Water Houses, the ones where you go to treat water and stuff, it may do the same. At the very least it did back when.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]