Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curses Redone
So, the lore/tip blurbs describe curses as something that provide benefits that are impressive but come with a steep downside. Currently, this couldn't be any further from the truth. I'd like to see curses be truly powerful, but with costs to match. Given how they're described, I think that they should be stronger than enchants on average with comparable negative effects. These likely won't be balanced but they're meant to pose as templates or general ideas in the direction to rework this underwhelming game mechanic.

Demonic

+10% in all stats, -50% crit evade, -10% HP, -50% status resist, -10% FP (minimum 0 for crit evade and status resist)

The idea here is the name of this curse will reflect the fact that you're getting a boost similar to certain bosses' Demonic Translation, however it comes at the price of your defensive stats. 

Parasitic

-5% HP for every basic attack or skill performed with the weapon, however the value in HP lost is added as bonus damage on each basic or skill. 

Numbers probably need tweaking, but as it stands, I think this better reflects the idea of a weapon that leeches off of you in exchange for power.

Fleeting

+2 in all weapon parameters excluding weight. This bonus increases in combat every round, however, every round there is an increasingly larger chance that your weapon will be reduced to 0 in all parameters on round change until the end of combat, rendering it useless.

Again, numbers would need tweaking, especially determining the chance for the weapon to become useless and how much that chance should grow, but the vibe here is supposed to be power in exchange for an inevitable, unknown end to your weapon's use in combat. A fleeting moment of power.

The other curses (bloodsoaked, rustic, and haunted) seem fine for what they are. Haunted fulfills a serviceable curse that you can apply on demand. Bloodsoaked is for grinding purposes and doesn't need to be changed imo. Rustic maybe could use some tweaking given that it was most prevalent on tomes to use with sayakana, but dynamic tomes are proving to be so strong that people would rather just slap haunted on them. But I figure this is a decent start as far as conversation around curses goes.
[-] The following 2 users Like Perdition's post:
  • Perdition, Snake
Demonic shouldn't have so many drawbacks for such pathetic and clunky way to increase stats. I can see Demonic lowering Light Resistance and Status Resistance to the wielder in exchange of increased Darkness Elemental ATK and Status Infliction, the values being 25%

Parasitic is an interesting effect, but I don't think it should activate on Autohit Skills, only basic attacking and basic attacking skills.

Fleeting is odd. Could be a reverse case of Parasitic. Like a torch that burns twice as brighter for half the time. Everything you do that uses the weapon reduces its durability by 5, but the statistics of the weapon are all +10'd.

I think Bloodsoaked should find a way to become an enchantment, honestly. It's such a fun enchantment for when you're feeling like fighting multiple enemies and play god.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]