Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Patrion Suggestion] Custom attack animations!
Lightbulb 
So! Anyone remember how custom tomes let you select the animation of your attack based on already existing animations from other attacks/spells/etc.?
What if - and hear me out here - what if... you could do the same to any other weapon using Patrions?

The suggestion is just that -- incorporate the ability to item regalias, or perhaps make a new patrion item altogether, that allows players to change the attack animation of any weapon (except probably custom tomes, since they already get that). Mostly for basic attacks, of course, and if possible any eligible skills. I think it'd be a really cool addition that would give people more incentive to acquire and use Patrions.

(Edit #1: May want to, uh... exclude guns from this. Especially multishot guns. Please. I don't want a quickdraw-induced migraine.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lewdcifer's post:
  • Akame
I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement something like this, but it'd honestly be really cool to see that sort of thing happen as long as it was thematically appropriate, so I'm in support of this.

I can't believe you would exclude guns from this though this whole thing is ruined worst day ever

Really, though, it might be nice to have something similar, but a bit more limited for non-martial weapons in general? So, tomes, bows and guns. I'm not entirely sure what could be done, though, aside from giving a more limited set of options to choose from.
Misleading animations aside leading to people fighting a bit differently if they can't visually see the item, sure. Whatever. Probably won't be that big of an issue.