Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're.... Really not that magical (Magical Girl weapon potential update)
Currently, as of this thread going live only two of what have been dubbed the "Magical girl" weapons have a potential; that being, the Nova, with its incredibly fun Nova Eraser skill, and the Comet, with its beefy (Albeit questionable element) map-wide AoE.

So, today, I come with some suggestions for pushing the rest of what are unironically some of my favorite weapons in the game even further beyond. Potential suggestions, for the weapons that are missing them.

Magical Star (The sword):

Radiant Divide:
"Tear away the darkness before me..."
Requires a Rank D invocation:
Upon cast, destroy all special tile effects within a 3 circle radius, before firing a beam of energy 3 tiles wide that deals unresistable light attack equal to 150% SWA to all enemies inside its radius. Any tiles with tile effects on them upon cast are then replaced with light shafts level 25 (Or pillage.)

Magical Photon (The Dagger):

Akashic slash:
"A cut through time and space..."
Upon cast, teleport to each enemy in a (x) tile radius (Please debate the range of this), dealing 200% SWA as Akashic damage. Then, teleport to a random tile on the battlefield. Enemies defeated with this attack are inflicted with Certain Defeat

Magical Meteor (The Bow):
"Let the stars rain down..."
Fire an arrow skyward, calling upon the power of the moon and stars themselves as their essence falls to the earth, dealing 200% SWA as unresistable fire (Or light) damage to all enemies on the field, and inflicting them with glowing level 25.

Magical Moon (The Spear):
"By the power of the moon.. (Get that sailor moon reference, yes)"
Hurl your spear skyward, pulling down the moonlight upon your enemies. Within a 5 circle radius, all enemies are inflicted with 200% SWA as unresistable light damage, and inflicted with Glowing (level 10) for 3 rounds. However, those who evade the moon's bright light, take 200% SWA as unresistable dark damage, and are inflicted with blind for 3 rounds. Enemies inside of the radius defeated by light damage are inflicted with Certain Defeat.

Magical Sun (The Axe):
"Sear this evil before me..."
Raise your axe skyward, before slamming it down with the power of the sun, immediately casting a Setting Sun like ball (Equal to Setting Sun's max radius, I can't remember if that's 5 or 6 tile circle.) Any enemies inside of this tile take 250% SWA as unresistable fire atk, and any tiles inside the radius are left with the pillaged effect. Enemies also have a luck based chance to be inflicted with burn level 50 (Debatable).

And there you have it. The chances of seeing all (if any) of these implemented at all, or at least without some tweaks are likely slim to none, and I know my stat balancing is of course shifty on these, but this is something I'd love to see discussed, and something interesting that fits the themes of the weapons reached.

If you're wondering why I avoided any of these being a transformation effect, read the weapon descriptions.
Feel free to throw in your own, or rag on me for my horrible choices. I had fun with this.
[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: mQMYHlv.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Ryuzaki's post:
  • Akame, Ham
yes please
[Image: tumblr_p8bmjgZdqv1qc5j12o1_400.gif]
[Image: 182.gif]
interesting ideas, but especially for the wider area attacks i feel like some amount of elemental atk should figure into the equation instead of being raw swa. making the damage unresistable probably isn't necessary either.