Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rotwood Kits
As of 2.30 we still have the inability to convert rotwood into material change kits, given rotwood is less powerful than conduiz as a weapon material (Which has a materia change kit) I see no reason for this to continue being the way it is, and is only limiting certain builds from being a thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Senna
I agree really. It would be nice to be able to use all that material and actually make kits with them lol. As they are now, they're just material with no purpose whatsoever.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
If I remember right, Dev chose not to make rotwood kits a thing due to the power of the Bamboo-bo and how that simple Ski scaling weapon when turned to rotwood is suddenly a very big casting tool for both priests and hexers. Unless Bamboo-bo gets a change I'd personally not want to see Hex/Priests get even stronger.
A good bunch of the Hexer spells are not compatible with Rotwood, actually, since it only works with Huggessoan domain spells. I'm not saying it's entirely useless for Hexer, but taking a peek at the amount of Huggessoan domain spells that'd work with Rotwood would quickly show that it isn't all that useful to Hexer compared to a tome, since the biggest ones (Wretched Oil and Black Bubble) are Isesip and Aquarian, and the utility invokes in general don't need a casting tool.

The one thing that benefits from Rotwood the most is Void Assasin and even then if you're going void mage it's usually better to run a tome for +5 Skill Slots since VA is pretty hungry for slots.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
(09-06-2020, 01:16 AM)noblekame Wrote: If I remember right, Dev chose not to make rotwood kits a thing due to the power of the Bamboo-bo and how that simple Ski scaling weapon when turned to rotwood is suddenly a very big casting tool for both priests and hexers. Unless Bamboo-bo gets a change I'd personally not want to see Hex/Priests get even stronger.

I'm echoing what Fern said essentially but, the only compatible damaging spells with Rotwood can just barely be counted on two hands. That being;

Eternal Darkness (Hexer)
Altera (Lantern Bearer)
Black Bolt (Void Assassin)
Detogate (Void Assassin)
Enma's Summon (Hexer)
Asura Fist (Boxer)

They're fairly split across several classes, with the largest amount of effective skills under the darkness domain being in Void Assassin. It'd be hard to justify this as a Hexer buff when a Rotwood Bamboo Bo would only serve as a stat stick for Enma's Summon.
Not only for the skill slots but WIL is also very important towards the status infliction formula itself, you could be missing upwards to 40 or even way more status infliction by not including it in your build, so I actually doubt a rotwood bamboo-bo is going to get out of hand terribly fast.
The thing about Bamboo Bo is if you're SWA gouging for dark spells, I actually think rebelling hymn does it better while also giving you 5 more slots. Even if you're stacking skill, you need res for dark attack... unless you're doing luminary, but then you're going will and skill. Any way you cut it, you end up building traditional mage hexer/mage VA stats in exchange for 5 less slots. I think rotwood would be better off on other weapons that offer utility in exchange for the slots you lose from forgoing a tome like the necro staff. Not to mention that with rotwood, I'm fairly certain bamboo bo can't reach 20 weight without some jank like giant gene.