Poll: What should Sky Chariot be changed, if you think it should?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Cost 20 Ki, keep as is otherwise.
0%
0 0%
Cost 15 Ki, Add three turn CD on KD effect.
50.00%
8 50.00%
Cost 10 Ki, Make Knockdown apply after damage, not before.
31.25%
5 31.25%
Doesn't need to be changed.
18.75%
3 18.75%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Super Grand Lariat Chariot [Sky Chariot Change]
[Image: rB2bbdj.png]

You know what time it is.

Sky. Chariot. See this bad boy here? Now, it only costs 5 Ki for a 15% Damage Increase and a free Knockdown. Now let's go over all the reasons this is already bad before I make it worse for you all.

Reason 1: You literally can get 5 Ki, with All Fight, just for hitting anything at least once and Rank 3 Spirituality.

Reason 2: 

[Image: ItSDwmC.png]

The Knockdown occurs BEFORE. BEFORE.  Just incase you can't read that right. B E F O R E the amplified damage occurs. This means. Here's the chad combo. Y'all ready for this? (You might not be.)

[Image: zQQgtY7.png]
[Image: qbKqGL1.png]
[Image: knS87iX.png]

Let's assume you have a weapon with 150 SWA. Fisto. Easy enough. Modest. Nothing too special.

130% of 150 is 195. Not bad.

195 Base Damage already. All Fight and the Sky Chariot bonus stack. So that's actually +20% damage. 20% of 195 is 39.  234 Damage now bros.

But. Wait. There's more.

Now let's add into the fact that since this knocks down before performing the attack, Evasion is ignored as a result among other things. You can ironically stack this with Combo Strike as well since from what tests showcased, Peddling Wheel > Burn Up > Sky Chariot counts as a valid combo for it. Whether this is bugged or not is yet to be determined. Since it does say same class. Monk and MA are technically not the 'same class' are they???

So that means. +35% damage instead. 263 Base Damage. Knockdown. No Evasion allowed. Can be stacked with things like Deadclaw (Dual Deadclaw too for +48 SWA.) AS well as Claret Call and many other things. Hunter Wind, you name it.

My point is, this all happens for 5 Ki. This is just a lightweight example of it. But hopefully you get the point.

Enemy already Knocked Down? Just add another 15% damage.

Point incase is. For 5 Ki, where All Fight gets you 2 Ki and every round is 3 Ki, means you can easily just spam this every other turn and get such severe gains for minimal effort.

What do I suggest? 

Quote:
Suggestion 1: Increase the Ki Cost to 20. This seems good enough for such a nuclear (to dodges mostly) option with minimal way to protect against it.

Suggestion 2: Add a cooldown to the Ki effect. Three turns seems cool enough. But still increase the Ki amount to 15.

Suggestion 3: Just make the damage apply before the knock down, not after so that it can be evaded/cobra'd That way, i'll be fine with increasing the Ki amount to 10 then. 

It's literally a 5 Ki Knockdown that synergizes a bit too hard with Corbies, Phenex, Demon Hunters and Skyburn in general. So. That's all.

Be sure to leave your comments on why this is a good or bad idea. Same old, same old.
I'll be honest, I'm going with option 3 here. It feels like it makes more sense for this thing to knock down after. Plus, future proofing since it does seem in the end kind of likely that we may see some change to knockdown that makes it not delete evasion as hard.

And that would turn this into an overnerf at that point, so I'm going for the one that would leave it the least underwhelming.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
There are a few skills that let people rock up with a KD. However Turnover requires the use of charge and charging strike. Axe Kick requires a convoluted set up similar but overall more inefficient than Sky Chariot.

Sonic Shell, Descending Ouroboros, etc require set up and for gunners with single shot weapons a burning of their FP and 3 momentum.

Kadouha requires a hefty Ki investment, and for boxer Fegen is a 6 round CD that at best. Is a 2 round CD which is rare you'll have due to Boxer schwarz being a precious mineral. However Sky Chariot with proper fandangling can be oppressive cheese and unlike Fegen it does damage. Unlike Kadouha it doesn't eat up your Ki.

Board Shaker atm is a skill with an oppressive effect, attached to a lengthy CD and a hefty FP cost.

A 3 round CD and an up on the Ki cost would be proper as KD is as if not more oppressive of a status than clumsy to anyone NOT a MA promo.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Would someone really do that? Just using the most effective damaging skill over and over for the best results even if its boring?
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like K Peculier's post:
  • Akame, HexGirlBestGirl, Maksimum_Fire, Snake
The fact it knockdown before the damage is cancerous enough, but knockdown has been an issue for dodgies already that has been acknowledged. I imagine the only reason it knocksdown before the damage is to check for knockdown already for a damage increase.
It might be better to wait until Dev fixes knockdown being a death sentence to dodge, personally I don't think of Sky Chariot as oppressive outside of the dodge character KD circumstance. The numbers only tend to be pretty big against the standard dodge setups since tanks usually have enough DR that they get Sky Chariot to hit for like early 100's or less.

Quote:So that means. +35% damage instead. 263 Base Damage. Knockdown. No Evasion allowed. Can be stacked with things like Deadclaw (Dual Deadclaw too for +48 SWA.) AS well as Claret Call and many other things. Hunter Wind, you name it.

Also, Claret Call isn't supposed to buff Sky Chariot! If it does, that's a bug.

I actually think Monk's offensive skills are generally lackluster/not fun to use in comparison to a lot of other things and that they should get the BK/Verglas treatment but that's kind of off-topic.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
It should knockdown after the damage. That's pretty much it for the skill, really. Otherwise it will need at the very least a 2 round cooldown treatment, like Falcon Strike, since the way it works technically makes that a damage amped Evasion-ignoring skill.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
(09-18-2020, 07:20 PM)Fern Wrote: Also, Claret Call isn't supposed to buff Sky Chariot! If it does, that's a bug.

Can confirm it doesn't buff it. I just overlooked something during testing. Looking at the logs, seems I attacked with my Deadclaw in my offhand with Ambidex on by accident. That's my bad. The rest still stands though.
I discover this combo months ago but I only used it for a setting sun setup which is REALLY cheese. How so? Setting up and time it. Keep them within range and at the right angle for a Sky Chariot, Dense Thunder and have the Sun fall on them. Without knockback resistance/immunity, you can break someone in half (AKA Delete around half their HP).

That's just a style combo, you can even Sky Chariot into execute and so on. There are more combos but I'll be here all day listing them.

So what's the problem? It's a really easy Knockdown option. Very easy with Skyburn, very easy to execute with Winged serpent, Agile Accel or Hooves (Could be more but can't be ask to make the full list--You get the picture) and it's easy to damage stack with it. That doesn't change the fact it knocks down first THEN do the damage after.

I'd say it should get some kinda cool down really. The Ki usable is a little too low for what it does. Aside from the first person I saw use it, it's slowing becoming a goto options for other Monks.. That shouldn't be a bad thing right? Well, if they can do the same thing every two turns, that deals unhealthy amount of damages? To both tanks and evasion characters (RIP evasion proc and momentum)? I think that needs to be looked at. Since it grants them an easy option to either strike the target with a really powerful follow up skill/spell after knocking them down or chaining another high scaling monk skill with it for combination and Ki bonus damage.

In a teamfight? That's a nightmare knowing someone can just approach, knock you down almost effortlessly and allow their team to stomp you out as if it's a ghetto brawl. Then they can move on to the next target the following turn and repeat.

In other words, it can get out of hand, REALLY fast if you have other things to chain with it at the time as well as it being really spammable due to the low ki cost. I believe it needs more setup than just 5 ki and airborne (Since it's just old Axe kick on crack) but if we gotta pick from these options then....I'll cast my vote.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Seeing that this thread has been made, I thought I may as well weigh down my thoughts about it.

Yes, it's pretty oppressive, in fact, it's way too oppressive for the several reasons that Detty has mentioned above. I personally agree with the whole 15Ki/3 turn KD immunity effect, I personally find it to be pretty good, not nerfing it too much, though if I may, I'd like to add another option though I'm not personally sure how it'd be taken but here's my two cents.

How about we remove the bonus damage? Just make it do it's base damage? No added modifiers, just the KD and that's it. I find it that it'd help keep it unique, even different from Axe Kick from Verglas, would help differentiate the two skills and such. Again, I'm not saying that this is HOW it should go, but just a suggestion.

Though, while we're on the topic of Monk, and how with how many people added stuff to this thread meaning Dev might see it, I may as well throw something in here as well. How about a possible Monk rework in the future, change it into something slightly different, just like what happened with Verglas. Make it into something a bit more flavorful and such. There are multiple threads about it I believe, and I think they do a much better job of explaining ideas about what Monk should be shifted into in case a rework happens.

But yes, this is what I personally think when it comes to this matter.