Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Narrative Buttons & Teleporters
So I had some ideas while prepping for an event.

Narration Button
A placeable item you purchase much like the lighting changers, but when you step on it, it instead spits out an automatic narration at you.
This narration would ideally be set and edit-able much like a sign.

I think this would be tremendously helpful for event-runners, particularly when trying to herd many players at once, or even a small group of players that spread out during an event- and would enable players to do so with more relative ease and less distress to the person running it.

Teleporters
Buy-able, placeable portals to different spots on one floor. Much like in spatial dungeons, these would be interactable placeables for house owners that teleport someone from point A to point B on the same plane.

This would honestly just be fun, I think.
[Image: themoreyoulearnandshit.gif]
[Image: 0jEzoZe.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like Dystopia's post:
  • Blissey, K Peculier, Maksimum_Fire, Shujin, Snake
I'd love these.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
I'd really like to see these additions, too. A narration button would make plenty of events much easier to run, especially- examples I can think of that've been an obstacle in the past are:

>wanting to have separate descriptions for the entrance to a floor, and the main space of a floor. Like an entryway and a ballroom, or a forest trail and a clearing, a house and a haunted room within the house. Things like that- extra flavor text that makes a location feel much more living.

>Unique item descriptions when approached, giving player houses a much more alive feeling. Objects with history can actually be shown to have history without forcing someone to click on a sign next to it- simply walk up to the object to examine it, and you'll receive the dialogue. This would be especially lovely for events with a theme of investigation, since players could look over evidence at a scene without being babysat by the event runner.

>in general, event utility. The more you can prepare beforehand for an event, the better. Sometimes it just feels awkward if you can't quite pull narrates out in time, but if you can make anything that's not situation dependent simply rely on these automatic narrates.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maksimum_Fire's post:
  • Dystopia
Teleporters would lend builders so much more flexibility on how to design their multi-floored houses and would make for some amazing and clever designs if the teleporters applied to teleporting players to different floors.

It would also save an astronomic amount of time in walking all over the place.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes K Peculier's post:
  • Dystopia
literally when

Make sure to throw in the kit the possibility to make the Builder change to which floor the entrance will warp your house to.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Dystopia
These, please. Gib.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I added narration triggers. Teleporters would have to be a bit more fleshed out of an idea in how exactly they would function. I'll go ahead and say that it is not possible to make teleporters that would jump to you different house floors, though.
Thank you! I'm really glad.

As for teleporters, I envisioned that they'd work on the same house floor, a simple point A to point B teleport. Much like they work in the spatial dungeons, or the town teleporters.

If we could slap down multiple on the same floor, that would be really cool for a lot of different effects, neat puzzles, etc.

For example, you step into what looks to be a hole, and suddenly you're transported to a different position on the same floor, but through clever building techniques, it looks like you've been transported to another floor. In reality, you're ten squares to the right of where you were originally on that floor.

Ideally these wouldn't be something you double-click to use, and instead would just walk over to activate. But if it's easier to have them click-able, that would be okay too, because something is better than nothing and it's still a neat effect either way.
[Image: themoreyoulearnandshit.gif]
[Image: 0jEzoZe.png]