Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Handgun Crit
Make handguns have +crit parts. Nothing crazy like the sniper barrel, even just +5 per part is fine. Preferably a second type of crit bullet as well. My ulterior motive is that I want my single-handgun crit build to be good. My overt motive is that cowboy revolvers are cool.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sawrock's post:
  • Maksimum_Fire
Guns are in dire need of some overhauls in general related to the weapon class, crit boosting weapon parts are a good start, I also think that Keyshot and some more archer passives could totally apply to guns a lot better, given how little archer actually meshes with Magic Gunner as a whole.
Even a barrel for pistols would be nice. A 10+ crit barrel would be more than on par with a sniper barrel considering the number of shots you can make with them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Yeah, I really appreciate this post. Long barrel is the only barrel realistically available to pistols since wide barrel and short barrel are garbage, and long barrel counteracts the thing that pistols most need to do typically, which is crit. Custom grip and revolver grip give some crit which is nice, but then Hellhound bullets has the massive downside of "switch your pierce damage into fire damage, and then hit resists super duper often", which more than counteracts the benefit of extra crit. Not to mention that Revolver grip and Hellhound both nerf your Hit, which Handguns already struggle the most with out of the standard trio of gun types. Even Extended Grip, which is the typically chosen grip for Handguns, makes you lose hit; so taking Hellhound over Scatter Bullets makes you go from +6 hit to -10. It's hard to justify.

A Scoped barrel that gave +hit and +crit while giving -power and/or -durability and/or +weight would be a good plan to me, and could see some use in guns other than pistols as well. Hollow point bullets would be a solid choice for a +10 crit weapon part, in my eyes, that gave minus durability and minus power.

@balor damage-wise and base crit-wise, pistols still wouldn't compare in that scenario.

And really, Spoops hits the hammer on the nail here. the only skills that involve a weapon in some way that guns can use are Dynamic Shooting, Cripple Arm, Cripple Leg, and Warning Shot. I think that guns should definitely benefit from Keyshot, and probably Snipe as well.