Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[2.34c] Issues with crafting recipes
This is pretty much just a walk of shame for me, honestly, considering that I thought I tested some of this thoroughly and it turns out I haven't done as well as I hoped.
At any rate, this is likely from a while back, but a decent chunk of recipes aren't functioning the way they're supposed to. Some exist as duplicates of other recipes, while others simply don't exist at all. This may not be a complete list, as I don't know every single recipe by heart, but I will attempt to cover it as thoroughly as I can.

1. Base recipes:

The base recipes (in other words, the ones that exist without any additional recipe cards or recipe books used) are mostly accurate, though there are a few issues with it from what I can see:
  • Enchantment: Tannin - Requires a Heart of Leviathan instead of a Heart of Tannin.
  • Pumpkin Pie - There are two versions of this recipe - one that's the intended one, and another that is made with two wraps of poultry and a phial of salt. I can't recall off the top of my head what that recipe is supposed to be at the moment, however.
From what I can see, this is the full extent of the issues for the base recipes, though it's entirely possible that I missed something.

2. Recipe cards:

This is the main one, and the reason I started writing this thread. For whatever reason, recipe cards are all over the place at the moment, with some giving no recipe at all and others giving recipes other than the one they should be giving instead.

Here is a full list of the faulty cards, tested via the testing server:
  • Recipe Card: Piercing Blade -> Balanced Blade
  • Recipe Card: Balanced Blade -> Piercing Blade
  • Recipe Card: Sturdy Guard -> nothing*
  • Recipe Card: Helix Pole -> nothing
  • Recipe Card: Curved Pole -> Helix Pole*
  • Recipe Card: Elongated Knuckles -> Dense Knuckles**
  • Recipe Card: Thin Body -> Standard Body**
  • Recipe Card: Wide Barrel -> nothing
  • Recipe Card: Sniper Barrel -> Wide Barrel*
*After thorough testing, the recipes that are intended to be given by these cards appear to be unobtainable as a result of the way the cards are at the moment.
**These recipes are duplicates of existing recipes, only with different requirements to craft. As a result, the intended item becomes impossible to craft.

An important thing to note is that in addition to the recipe card used being different, the rank required to make them is also different. For example, the Wide Barrel now apparently requires rank 6 tool making, which is almost certainly incorrect.

3. Recipe books

I've also gone over all of the recipes obtained via books, just in case (though admittedly I've been a bit more lax with this in particular, so if something slipped through, I apologize). This doesn't seem to have too many issues, but a couple have been found through this.
  • Mage's Manifest on Gis: The Embroidered Elementalist's Gi is simply written as "Elementalist's Gi", so it just looks like a duplicate as a result.
  • Subtext on Staves: The Staff of Miracle recipe doesn't exist, in it's place is a duplicate of the Staff of Forging with different requirements.

4. Ordering and formatting:

This one will be a shorter one, and significantly less important, but I feel it's worth pointing out. For whatever reason, certain items tend to be placed in really strange positions. Things like Wrist Strings (a level 4 tailoring wrist recipe) being placed just before the Standard Wrist (a level 1 tailoring wrist recipe), when the rest are sorted by crafting rank. These aren't a huge issue, aside from getting a bit frustrating to search through, so it's probably fine if it stays as is, too.

Apologies for the longer post, but I wanted to try to put as many of the issues into one so it would be easier to sort out.
[-] The following 2 users Like SolAndLuna's post:
  • Miller, Senna
These have all been corrected.