Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Velossfaeniel van Fenrir, Master Scientiest/Surgeon
Applicable BYOND Key - Van Fenrir4

Character Name - Velossfaeniel van Fenrir (Elf)
Request Type - Character Ability (Genius Scientist/Doctor)

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - The Character I am suggesting this for, has one purpose in her life and that is to decode the "blueprint to life". She is an Elf thats older than the current counted time and has been around during the Heavens contention even though back then sheltered on mersales. She strayed away from the convenient arts of Mercala, and began to study alternative forms, for the cases where Mercala simply fails (as its restorative healing, rather than true healing)
While she has been around ICly for a think a bit over 3 Years now, I made serval requests already that include her studies but wish to make this more official and elaborate on future goals as well.  Things I wish for her to be proficient in, involves in a sense genetics/alchemy, as well as Monster creation (I once asked that in Lore before and got the approval of that being possible) as I feel all of those things, from an IC standpoint, would help her solve the mysteries of life itself.
So what do I envision?:
-One of the worlds best Surgeons: I once asked Chaos about being able to do Open Heart surgeries roughly 2 OOC years ago, which he approved under the condition that she spends time from the point I asked for it, studying it. 5 IC years, which I am long past now but think that she should have advanced since. Would be to an extent brain surgery possible?  Generally her having a "standing" in the world in that field, being known as one? I imagine her as someone who would frequent Karatyn and giving lectures as a professor at their university.

-Monsterlogist: The ability to research and break down monsters/humans in detail and reassemble them as well as creating whole new breeds of Monsters with special traits. Even the ability to replace Limbs with others (Like...Humans with Crabnoid hands. AKA shaitan light)

-Engineering Mastermind: To help her research, she relies on machinery over magic in most cases to help her by pass Human/Elf limitations. This reaches from Surgery tools to prosthetics over to advanced Mechanation/Bots or other tools that assist her research. 

-Alchemist Loremaster: capable of brewing lots of potions, and creates her own ones of various effects. Mostly Medicine, as she is a capable doctor but also "Enhancing Drugs" and body modifications.

-Researcher of "Blueprint to life": While there has been one event played out once, where she obtained some unspecified ancient knowledge, her main goal is to try and recreate life. Based on the one lore bubble that pops up periodically that all life can be recreated as long as one has the blueprint to it. Essentially that means that she is working towards "cloning" a life which is her main motivation behind being a doctor/monster scientist to find hits towards that.
I do not want to get approved that she can, but it would be nice if I could actively work towards that and mayhaps get slight milestones towards it. For example? Able to perfectly recreate someones finger->hand->Arm etc which can be used to replace lost limbs or malfunctioning organs and therefore save lives of people that mayhaps otherwise be doomed.
This also includes spiritual studies, of course.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -
  • Lore: Outside of her being a Old dedicated Elf Scientist, I had serval things approved/confirmed in the past (mentioned above) and have been part with that character on some events that supposedly give her some deeper knowledge, which I never really could clarify on. 
    The Lore bubble about "Blueprint of life" is basically what inspired this whole character, and I have asked in the past in Lore about the possibility of creating Monsters ICly (which obviously would be illegal in most parts of the world). I assume that part and the more "Conventional" surgeon stuff is what probably needs approval here. The rest seems relatively basic.

• Roleplay: I have been rping that character for a bit over 3 years on and off. She has always been a not combat character, who has been one of the first Doctors when the Sancutary First opponent and left upon a disagreement with the new lead and the "Overuse" of Mercala, for her taste. She actively avoids using Mercala when she can, as she thinks people rely on it too much and become careless and during certain IC events (mainly around the grief parasite events of before New Cellsvich) were Mercala was ineffective, she was reconfirmed that convenience isn't always the best.
    She is the Head Scientist of an long established (by me, but played by serval people) faction "Fenrir Military Academy", which is a military force of Hyoya (Or rather works closely with them and usually stays in Lordwain).
    I often used to RP her as a "Quest giver" kind of character, I used to send people into dungeons to gather certain monster components or even capture Monsters for payment which she in turn used for her researches.
    She is a true neutral person, who has serval labs around the globe for her researches (along with helping hands) that are mostly hidden to avoid troubles with the Law. She goes however great distances to further her research and has often experimented on the living as well as the dead. For example she would test new medicine/surgeries on people that otherwise couldn't afford treatment. 
    her studies of replicating life, basically go through the other sucjects I mentioned which is why she is seeking to advance those subjects as much as she can, with her "Immortal" life.

I do not want any mechanical benefits of course, most of this is Characterstory/Future direction for them  This is also used for "Private RPs" and events I had a lot, which I never really used in game as I was uncertain as far as I could go with this, so I am trying to make it "Offical" here.
Okay, admittedly this request is going to be a tough one to nail down since it covers a lot of areas. I'm not going to comment on it at this moment, mostly due to:

Quote:One of the worlds best Surgeons: I once asked Chaos about being able to do Open Heart surgeries roughly 2 OOC years ago, which he approved under the condition that she spends time from the point I asked for it, studying it.

I'm not sure if this means that's the only thing you've discussed with Chaos or if much of this is stuff you've already been in talks with Chaos about but it may be best that he handle this particular application because I don't actually know what he's said about this already.

This is more of a post letting you know it's not being ignored.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slydria's post:
  • Noxid
I have tried to discuss more, I mentioned once brain surgery aswell or her working towards it, but he for one was uncertain more leaning towards no.

The heart surgery is the only thing thats truly greenlighted by him, everything else is more or less never discussed. (aside from the brain thing which I received a 70ish/30 no/yes. He certainly leaned more towards no saying that this would be extremely difficult...But My character has time? *shrug*)

But yeah sure, thanks for letting me know.
SURGERY: I'm tentatively keeping my approval on the heart surgery part-- granted, it's a little difficult to imagine, considering the starch difference in medical equipment-- but I'm also going to stick with my disapproval on brain surgery. While being able to do Open Heart surgery is a serious accomplishment and one that isn't to be taken lightly, brains are far, FAR more complex to deal with. Understanding a brain a bit better, maybe, but messing around with one would require technology (and knowledge that requires said technology to achieve) that simply can't exist.

MONSTEROLOGY: As far as 'right now', I can see her having knowledge on how monsters/humans work, and being able to mix and match limbs.

ENGINEERING: As long as we're not seriously bypassing Medieval Fantasy with these inventions (i.e. microlaser tools, steampunk/pre-modern medical equipment, prosthetics that don't use focus, etc) then this is fine.

ALCHEMY: This is possible.

BLUEPRINT TO LIFE: I assume this is basically the knowledge & ability to create life ala Dr. Frankenstein, or even bring back the dead. This is a very fine goal to have.
I should mention, however, that this is a very, VERY lofty goal, and one that, if somehow achieved, would easily see this character 'retired' (not killed, but rarely, if never, on-screen) due to sheer reputation and demand for someone who can 'recreate life'.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Yop, that is all fair and pretty much what I imagined for them to be at the moment tops.

About the Blueprint to life, IF she ever truly achieves that, then yeah she would pretty much probably never go big about it and keep it on the low, and IF it came out she would pretty much hide herself (have her military protect her). She has always been a very devoted to science person, and certainly wouldn't suddenly walk around reviving people or some shit. Though I assume that she would possibly attempt to use that knowledge to further enhance other science projects in the monsterology/weapon technology ICly.
Overall, I can see the why she'd be "Retired" and makes perfect sense for her to be rare to find if at all.

If it comes to technology I was thinking magitech/Streampunk with Focus at best ye, and not super modern or even sci-fi stuff.