Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Opinions on the State of Opinions
An Introduction; Sort've

My general belief tends to align with what aids in a better course for the game. Whether in balancing, or in interacting with the community. The role I assume is often in the background acting as counsel if anything. This tends to be my preferred way to go about everything within forum discussions or within the confines of Sigrogana Legend 2. An intermediary as opposed to a face. Eyes are usually observing new trends, divisions in the people, or otherwise. 

You will notice a lack of examples used when I allude to circumstances. This is due to how instead of being taken by our word, we find the act reprehensible, as opposed to owning up to it. Understandably people fear being harassed, and rightly they should. Our world is under stressful times further wearing down people at large. Everything is uncertain. Worrying. Aggravating.

Take my words as you whim, rebuke them in-fact-- I insist. Discourse is required for people to grow. To be right or wrong isn't the point. However I've come off as 'holier than thou' enough when perhaps I'm no better. Being idle to allow it to continue and not be addressed maturely is irksome though. 

The Only Paragraph I'll Have Beyond the Introduction

From what I've continued to read through for the past day a trend has grown evident. Nitpicking through various discrepancies has always been a trend even in the past; Balance-Fu became the testament to this dichotomy for years. Perhaps it foreshadowed the situation we find ourselves in now. Where an individual's entire statement, or argument becomes an invalidated redundancy over the smallest mistake. A post becomes ignored and silence under a fallacy, no matter its magnitude. 

What point it attempts to make? Ignored. The sentiment for the person behind it? Irrelevant. The decency of constructive criticism without inciting provocation? Made a clown-- without the silly honky nose (a special type of travesty). Is it time which has us grow soft, or the outside which has us so on edge? Do we feel a need to protective ourselves this far in the most fundamental of levels?

Are we unable to view people who have wronged us in our minds, or share differing opinions from us with hate? Or are we choosing to keep from putting in the most basic modicum of effort to understand why?

Get To the Point Ignatius

We've abandoned, currently, constructive criticism. We wish to demonize others unjustly instead of forming disagreement. Instead of regarding an entire author's post, we find the single strain which validates our points ignoring the whole point behind why it was made in the first place.

This community is full of fine people. Good souls. And I understand they are on edge for countless reasons. What I pray is people will cease burning bridges, and instead mend them. To give each other comradery.

Please criticize to your hearts content. My position sounds as if I think myself on a pedestal; but even I am no better at times. The singular hope is others will try to be better than I, or that they are right now today.

Alright Throw me Into the Wickerman, Prep the Bees

Thank you for your time. I appreciate it. Please may your day be blessed, and calm. 
[-] The following 9 users Like Stenzio's post:
  • Ardratz, Dystopia, Fern, K Peculier, Lewdcifer, Maksimum_Fire, Miller, Noxid, Rexan
aww shit... here we go again...
"You are right, you are no better than that."

Is what I originally wanted to post and leave it at that. But that would have obviously send the message that I devalue what you said to the point that it seems as its unconstructive or not recognizing the intention of your post.

Much like Lozy I think we need to stop making new threads. Its almost a meme now. I get it people want to be heard and do not want to drown in the huge clutter of the other bigger topics. The problem has been HEARD at this point, I am confident Dev is working on something, and more importantly with us.

Other things we have to work out. You as well. A Forum post isn't solving anything at this point. Instead go to the DMs in discord and mend your personal grudges/misunderstandings (ironically what most grudges seem to come from). At least attempt to, if it still doesn't work out? Atleast try to find a healthy disgareement that isn't dragging everyone else in it. Keep your beef with a person, with that person. Not with your whole clique and that person (Not directed at Iggy here, never seen him actually do that, personally).
Burning bridges is the usual kneejerk reaction, same as randomly blocking someone from that. With that you take away your own chances to mend it...And even take teh chance for that person to mayhaps even apologize whena few days later they realize "Hey I think I might have fucked up!".

And no not all of that is only directed at iggy alone, least of it even.
I think Ignatius here has a point, and honestly this is the most open and honest I've seen the community be with each other over my year interacting with it. If this is enough to start opening dialogue between people in any way shape or form rather than the closed off contests of unspoken opinions that the culture of SL2 seems to breed.

This isn't a problem that Dev can resolve, as nothing the Staff or Dev do really matter if we can't even start to be mature and honest with each other on the level of a player.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Balor's post:
  • Noxid, Snake