Poll: How do you feel about Reputation? (You can pick multiple options)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like it.
4.08%
2 4.08%
I'm indifferent to it.
14.29%
7 14.29%
I don't like it.
12.24%
6 12.24%
I think GMs should include guidelines and moderate it.
12.24%
6 12.24%
I think the feature should be removed if possible.
57.14%
28 57.14%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Forum Reputation Is Silly
They're a meme. It's better that they be removed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
The feature exists solely to 'farm rep' akin to other internet points. I dont think anyone really cares about it, seeing as you can be minus repped several times by one person if they disagree so with a point you have made. Ultimately it serves as little purpose as likes received or join date, as reputation only rarely correlates with ones /actual reputation/.

Most of the reputation I had received are from memes, or not wanting perdition on my rep panel, and is where the screenshot slydria posted is from: not a legitimate argument for or against because I frankly dont see the need.

So remove it, keep it the same, doesn't really impact the forums at all
[Video: https://youtu.be/dUTH39_YaFk]
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4.../Goose.png

[Image: unknown.png]

DEV: Don't use such large images in your signature.

[Image: ff1cbab38842243c0634bf0ebaf4264f.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like FatherCrixius's post:
  • Balor, JamOfBoy, SevenHaven
The entire system itself always felt unnecessary to me and doesn't really add much to the forums if at all. I'd rather get a quote response on why someone might've not agreed with my opinion rather than a like or dislike saying 'lol you suck'.

Remove it, the forums were perfectly fine without it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Lonestar's post:
  • Dystopia, K Peculier, Miller
(11-15-2020, 01:56 AM)Kameron8 Wrote: Positive reputation doesn't correspond with insightful or well-thought-out posts, and negative reputation is tossed around as a childish stamp of "I don't like you".  We don't need to have a numerical ranking of who makes the most memes on the forums to get the biggest green number, so it's better off gone entirely.

All this. Arbitrary popularity contest and shouldn't be used to judge someone or anyone alone.

Post your disagreements/support for everyone to see instead of hiding it.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like K Peculier's post:
  • Dystopia, Fern, Miller
Remove it lol, it's just a shitty reddit upboat meme that simulates "social credit", in a way. Also, I'm surprised the mods actually moderated it, I reported some meme reps and didn't think they'd actually receive responses.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Putit's post:
  • Miller
(11-15-2020, 12:51 AM)Noxid Wrote: It probably should follow some kind of guidelines but I think ultimately it's impossible to enforce because...
Quote:2) Do not give good or bad reputation simply because you like or dislike the person.
How would you even prove this either way?

Honestly, outside of the obvious instances, there probably isn't a good way to do so.

Seems like the major sentiment is to just get rid of it and it's not really worth devoting energy to, so I think we'll probably just make use of minimal guidelines, as in only really dealing with obvious toxic behavior (overt insults) or mass demerits (basically one person going through and slapping someone with a bunch of -1s for no reason or no sensible reason) and leave it as an afterthought otherwise.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Slydria's post:
  • Miller, Noxid, SevenHaven
KUNAI FOR GM 2021

God damn it, just look at my own reputation and see how immature we can get with someone who's a funny meme.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Noxid
The only immature use of a meaningless system is to abuse it on people who care. You don't strike me as the type of person to gather up five friends to mass downrep an opposing opinion, kunai.
[Video: https://youtu.be/dUTH39_YaFk]
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4.../Goose.png

[Image: unknown.png]

DEV: Don't use such large images in your signature.

[Image: ff1cbab38842243c0634bf0ebaf4264f.jpg]
(11-18-2020, 09:11 PM)Snake Wrote: KUNAI FOR GM 2021

God damn it, just look at my own reputation and see how immature we can get with someone who's a funny meme.
downvoted for unfunny meme
I mean........ if I must strike down my opposition................. no one will stand in my way............................. *grabs death note with christian intent*

(tl;dr get rid of this thing already and I need sleep god why am i awake)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Noxid