Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anko - B Class Illusion Invocation
Applicable BYOND Key - DispensingFreedom.jpg

Character Name - Anko (Papilion)

Request Type - Uhh... Character ability?

Request Details -  The creation (preferred) or discovery (more expected) of a B class invocation illusion spell. The effects would be, unlike Aposemagika, focused in a smaller area, but for much more potent effect. To combat the usage of Earth magic to dispel an illusion, the invocation would be used on a person, object, location, etc to cloak them in an illusion so potent that only true effort would be able to dispel it, rather than a weak Earth spell or dispelling technique being able to do such. Roughly requiring D class Earth invocation magic at the time of casting, and possibly growing weaker over the span of one or two days to the point of only requiring magic on par with Magaisendo, at which point the spell would wear off on its own. One realistically wouldn't be able to pull this off in a real fight, and its effects wouldn't be suited for one anyway.

Rough estimate for the FP cost would be about 150, so... a little less than half of my character's basic reserves, though wouldn't require upkeep until it fades naturally and has to be recast.
The chants for this spell:

"Fleeting colors of the abyss..."

"Untainted by the soil's truth..."

"Replace reality with my will."

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - Illusion magic has a known weakness, and a Papilion that has been around for a very long time (one of the longest-running Papilion characters that I know of) would likely be looking into a way around this serious weakness if they were actually invested in their racial potential.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request - Earth weakness exists, people use it a lot. Baikai exists, that'd probably be on the list of places Anko'd look into first. Aposemagika is proof of illusion invocations existing, and is inspiration for the first line of the actual chant. It wouldn't be a complete immunity to earth, of course, but require more effort than just tossing a rock. Past that, I don't really know what to put here.
[Image: unknown.png]
I think considering that Anko has been around for a long time to my knowledge, this would be fine to approve of.

Normally I'd say spell creation wouldn't be feasible without a long term investment into studying and making it but I think considering the spell itself is a concentrated and harder to remove version of Aposemagicka, it probably wouldn't take nearly as long to come up with and would be fine for an already illusion focused Papilion to accomplish.

Just to be fair, I'll say to dispel this kind of illusion invocation, you'd probably need either a focused dispel or on the earth side of things, an Isesipian invocation spell.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]