Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesse Sinclair, Interpretation of Engineer
Applicable BYOND Key - PartyPossum

Character Name - Jesse Sinclair

Request Type - Interpretation of Engineer's bots

Request Details -  Instead of automatized robots, I would instead ask to be able to use marionettes, wooden dolls in their stead. With strings attached to Jesse's fingers and focus channeled through them, they could be moved and jump about like a real puppeteer could do. The insides would have hidden compartments, notably one for a small knife to pop out of a puppet's hand and the other would be for needles to be fired at range for combat purposes (replacing the Engineer Robots gun). One puppet could have a shield (Metalaegis), another pop open a compartment to hand over a healing potion (Medibot), and another could have focus charged through it's mouth to fire off a beam of magic (Railgan). Overall this change is purely cosmetic.

Reason why you are making this request (if applicable) - I think it would be fun and a cool idea to do! Outside of combat, they'd even have a big tie-in to his backstory and could frequently be a part of his roleplay, with the marionettes doing dances or interactions with other people and such. They would even have their own identities and could be dressed up in ways.

Roleplay & Lore supporting your request -For the lore it's the same concept as Engineer's bots but probably easier to do as they need no automation, they do not act by themselves, Jesse controls them. And they are perhaps easier to make as well due to that. For the roleplay aspect, Jesse has a facial disfigurement and wears a mask to hide it. As a child they would be shunned by others because of this, most thinking it as creepy, and instead of pushing past this they would become reclusive and escape in their head. Thus they would create their own friends through these dolls that could dance and act and play! They would be his friends instead and give him comfort in lonely times. And as he grew so would they, adding more complex parts and ways of self defense so they could be his protectors without him being in harm's way.

Thank you for taking the time to go over my request! Have a lovely day.
[-] The following 3 users Like PossumParty's post:
  • Deja Vu, Jupiter_Storm, Snake
I think this idea of Puppets and Puppeteering will work just fine as an alternative to Engineer's Devices, so you have my go ahead.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]