Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Random Island Town
[Image: IslandMap.PNG]

Okay, so... here's another submission for you! It's a nice little player town situated on an island. There aren't really any notable buildings on the island - they're all mostly player buildings. There's a beach area for beach RP, and it won't be disturbed by beasts, either. (Hopefully, at least.) I'm not sure where it would be situated, but it seems like some people thought this would be a good candidate for Doraington? I don't know whether it would be good or bad for such - so it's entirely up to the Dev where it goes. Give me whatever feedback you have, I'd love to hear it!

.zip   IslandTown.zip (Size: 3.42 KB / Downloads: 223)
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 5 users Like WaifuApple's post:
  • FatherCrixius, Illumi, JamOfBoy, Kiss, Sawrock
I can almost see this being a replacement to the coastal cove. Pretty neato.
number 1 GTer EU
I think the coastal cove is good enough left alone. No point throwing out a perfectly good map when this could likely be used for something else instead! I really like coastal cove, so would honestly prefer this be something else that can co-exist.
[Image: SeasideTown.PNG]

I wanted to revisit this and improve upon it a little bit after getting more accustomed to the mapping environment, so I decided to make a few changes to this map aesthetically to give it a bit of an improvement. Now, not much has changed, really - a list of what has been done is as summarised:

- The deep water seen in coastal cove has been added here too. It seemed like it was something that simply made sense, and is something present in the newer version of the environment that I wasn't using at the time of making this, so I changed that.

- The grass is no longer using one tile all across, it now has patches and all that, again like the coastal cove. It's an improvement over other maps of mine that simply use the one grass tile, and makes the whole thing feel more defined.

- Technical stuff like eye restrictions and marker tags have been worked in.

- The roofs of the green and purple houses were not dense. I know, smart, right? Well, I fixed that. Only took me forever to notice.

Now, I'd like to note that this is definitely not Doraington. Someone else is already working on that, and has been hard at work. This is to be taken as some random seaside town that could honestly go anywhere, I simply wanted to improve upon something I'd made, and this seemed like one of the better candidates. I don't imagine it'll even get included with no real place to put it. But I don't consider my time wasted, this was more a hobby project anyway. I found it fun.

Here's a new link to the updated file for whoever wants it.

.zip   IslandTown.zip (Size: 4.02 KB / Downloads: 188)
Well thats some Nostalgia right there. Are there gonna be crocodiles too, for TEEF!?

No biggie but I feel like towns should over atleast a little something to go there, maybe something to buy, alittle quest or whatever. Has been minute since we had the last stamp quest too. Just player housing feels a bit dull, imo.
i could see it being Doraigton as well tbh :eyes:
Still not an option, there's currently an ongoing effort for that map elsewhere. This wouldn't really hold a candle to that from the previews I've seen.