Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stacking Evasion
There's almost never a reason to let things stack additively because it inevitably leads to dumb shit. Even if stacking evasion DR to 80% isn't practical at the moment, that doesn't mean it should be something you're even able to do. It just creates a ticking time bomb waiting to be abused. Even now, Verglas ST can get a reliable 60% DR while also able to negate basic attacks. The buff upkeeps aren't even that bad at all given ring of pearls lasts about 10 rounds after talents. Making them multiplicative should fix any possible abuse of these new additional evasion DRs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Perdition's post:
  • Sawrock
Or making Ring of Pearls not a spellthief DLC by having its damage reduction interact with Aquae Crest, amirite? Hon hon hon.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Let's be real, Aquamancer itself doesn't amount to much more than spellthief DLC
(01-10-2021, 03:13 PM)Snake Wrote: Or making Ring of Pearls not a spellthief DLC by having its damage reduction interact with Aquae Crest, amirite? Hon hon hon.

The problem presented isn't Ring of Pearls being usable by ST, that's already proven itself to not be a big deal. The concern from what I understand is the thought of additive Evasion DR possibly being a problem in the future rather than now. I still think that if it really needs a change it should just be made multiplicative since as Shujin mentioned, only allowing the highest source to be accounted for is a bit too much for something that isn't a problem yet.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
If this was an issue with simply Spellthief's access to Ring of Pearls then I would have brought that up as its own separate topic, and the additive bonus of Ice Point Guard and Ring of Pearls is completely fine if they do not stack together, I do not believe even wraithguard or shared pain should stack with all of these bonuses but at least those are restricted to main class only.

No I don't believe making them multiplicative is going to be the answer here either, in that sense you're punishing the builds that relied on 1 of those DRs instead of both, which in my eyes so far, only one evasion DR increase has been very good for dodgy characters to just have.

Making the highest one apply is the most elegant solution I feel, its a very easy restriction to understand, especially if its written in the description of those skills.
[-] The following 2 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Perdition, Snake