Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weapon switch for Demon Hunter
During a conversation with some people, an idea came up, so I figured I'd toss it up here real quick.

The Demon Hunter class' stances give a fair deal of variety of things that can be done, however some of the stances don't quite play nice with each other, the key example of those being Reaver and Desperado. While Reaver can technically be used with a gun, a lot of the times it shouldn't be, and Desperado's skills all require a gun to be used. And, seeing what the class is based on, it would make sense for it to swap between sword and gun easily. So, this passive skill would be a theoretical suggestion to resolve it.

Weapon Shift - Passive skill.
A Demon Hunter doesn't play by the rules, and this extends to their use of weapons. When changing stances from Reaver to Desperado or vice versa, if the abiity to switch weapons isn't on cooldown, you automatically equip the weapon in your item belt in place of your (main) weapon. Afterwards, the ability to switch weapons goes on cooldown for 2 rounds.

Obviously the name and effect could be changed, but I figured this would resolve the issue with weapons while also giving a reasonable disadvantage to the passive.
[-] The following 6 users Like SolAndLuna's post:
  • Boomkiller, Fern, JamOfBoy, K Peculier, Miller, Snake
*cough wheeze*

As the only one who cares for the class's theme (probably not anymore, god bless all you stand for, Sol'nLuna), please make this happen.

I don't think this requires a cooldown at all too. I'd rather this maneuver consume from your defensive resources, such as doubling the cost for Snake Dancer to activate (I.E, both stacks are consumed at once, resulting in only one dodge), and Rage Energy too (in this case, it would halve it).

DH is a fluid class where most maneuvers should click one with another, cooldowns make it boring as heck.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Okay so what I see here is a good idea but I would say give it a one round CD but in return, allow it to switch certain sub types of weapon similar to how the Shuriken talent works. Perhaps this could also drive him into making a new sub type just for this passive. Who knows.

+1 nevertheless.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
(01-11-2021, 07:45 AM)Senna Wrote: Okay so what I see here is a good idea but I would say give it a one round CD but in return, allow it to switch certain sub types of weapon similar to how the Shuriken talent works. Perhaps this could also drive him into making a new sub type just for this passive. Who knows.

+1 nevertheless.

Something akin to the Shuriken Talent would be nifty and neat. DH atm doesn't fulfill the fantasy of being the discount Dantes from DMC3 we want it to be, and I feel like this could work out in favor of all my fellow Smokin' Sexy Stylish boys.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Ah yes, an oversight in this that I didn't notice.

I'd like to correct myself:

- Reaver Stance should only swap to melee weapons in item belt, so Sword, Axe, Polearm, Fist and Dagger-types.
- Desperado Stance should only swap to Gun weapons in item belt.

I still strongly believe this doesn't need any cooldowns when used in a certain way. I believe cooldowns would be applicable in the most meta ways to use Demon Hunter, since this gimmick would result in a buff for some; So! Only you're trying to swap to a Mutated weapon, or/and you're using a Shield, or/and you're using Heavy Armor. Things that weight you down should give you time to wind up as you swap, since it's more tiring. I'd agree this to get a cooldown.

But if you're just some random joe who uses dodge, with unarmored torso, a sword and a gun with your stat spread wider than Vergil's cheeks the moment dongurii started playing DMC3, then why should this guy who's playing the class ineffectively be disallowed to go wild on sword-trickery thanks to this boring mechanic?

Snore. If it ends up needing a cooldown we give it later with another balance-fu. Things are being added way too tame and boring nowadays. Ghost was heavily overtuned, but it should not be a shared fear for other classes who actually need to be tuned up/tuned down to be more balanced and fun.

Like Arbalest, Grand Summoner and Demon Hunter.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I can see more class combos having some sweet interactions with it. So preferably I would make something like that a trait.

Hidden weapon master or something, 3 sword style that fluidly shifts around? Of course, it seems to be a classic DH feat, but I think limiting it to DH isn't necessary. Having more trait variety is cool too.
Can we give a passive to the Demon Hunter so they can slot in as many weapons as they want on their item belt too.
[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes K Peculier's post:
  • Shujin