Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Small Buff to Criticals.
As of some recent findings, we learned that Critical Hits already do partially ignore armor, instead of invalidating the stat all together, I might propose that we increase the effectiveness of GUI and bump up base critical damage by a small amount to compensate for the builds who cannot afford GUI, I believe making it so that you're not required to build a certain stat but are rewarded for doing so are the best ways we can pad Basic attackers at the current moment.

If say Critical Damage on Sword/Spears/Fists/Bows/Guns were bumped up to the same as axes (120% critical damage), and Guile's Crit DMG% per 1 is increased to 1.25 per point (netting 1% extra every 4 GUI) you might see a marginable spike in damage for basic attackers without making daggers get out of control (Who would all receive roughly 10% critical damage)

Its very important to consider that you can let critical damage get a bit higher, it has diminishing returns the higher it scales up.
[-] The following 5 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Akame, Fern, Sawrock, Senna, Snake
I can get behind a guile buff and a weapon critical damage buff as well. Or... just anything at this point. We basic-attackers are going extinct... Undecided
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Akame's post:
  • Fern, K Peculier
An increase to critical damage at base would be the way to go about this. Considering most, if not all basic attacks want to crit to be relevant (not sure if bows count, I'm not as aware of the bow meta), having critical hits ignore all armor would essentially invalidate the entire value against basic hits, because the armor value of a character would essentially ONLY ever matter if they build yet another number, in the form of crit evade.

And in the end, I find it mostly ridiculous to require building one number to enable another number, but recognise the need for a change in some way. It just shouldn't be through armor negation.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
[-] The following 2 users Like WaifuApple's post:
  • Fern, Snake
My word:
- All base weapon Critical Damage should go up by by 10%
- Guile grants 1.5% Critical Damage per point invested.

Additional and unnecessary idea:
- Vorpal Strikes can happen on any Critical Hit at a 5% chance.
- Vorpal enchant increases the chance by 10%.
- Guile increases the chance equal to Flanking's hit bonus.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Its important to remember that Since Reckoning Crits have been nerfed universally.

Critical damage Pre reckoning was 200% base, Guile didn't exist. only crit steroids were weapon parts, headshot, and deadly arms.

In comparison auto hits have similar total SWA to a low guile crit, while affording to make the character much more defensibly viable.

I agree with increasing the baseline crit damage and buffing guile but I also feel a few other things need to be looked into

--
Reducing evade stacking (its getting ridiculous again) Diminishing returns would be a good place to start with this, don't hit the numbers, hit the bell curve.
Reduce crit evade stacking. ^^^^^^^^
Add more basic attack + movement skills

The hardest part right now is getting into position to basic attack without getting destroyed by a map dashing, autohitting fiend.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lolzytripd's post:
  • Sawrock, Snake
Okay so just to clear up two points that were stated, evade stacking is only common in a few classes. Bloodborne exist to counteract that and other status or skill effect, people just don't build it often because I'm assuming it's not Unga enough. There are ways to get around evade stacking as well as ways to hit stack.

Crit evade stacking got nerfed already. You have to go through alot just to get it to numbers beyond 70. That's like pushing alot of luck and a okay amount in faith. If it was truly a problem, lightning crit weakness proc builds wouldn't be so popular right now.

More basic attack moves? I can agree with that one. The game needs more basic attack moves for some classes or the ones that already exists become universal instead. Range base like hanging and sidecut and so on. It doesn't help that we have autohits for almost every situations, would you nice to have just as much basic attack skills. 

The problem right now with basic attacking can sometimes be the damage but that's only because GUI isn't being disregarded as a good stats. People can get similar outcomes by just dumping it all into their SWA which will not only make their autohit do damage but also their basic attacks as well. It depends on the weapon nonetheless.

Stuff like guns, daggers and bows needs to build GUI regardless due to their low SWA, and being heavily basic attack base weapons that depends on stuff like flank and farshot.

Not only that basic attack is running the risk of two rng fail that can be detrimental in a fight while you can just be alot more safe with a autohit. All the rng you'll be rolling as a autohiter is evasion proc. That's why they don't need to build skill and luck which gives them room to do more.

Basic attack right now can do just as much as a non lightning crit autohit, or even more with on hits and bonus damage multipler. It's just that it's not consistent as autohit whereas you're guaranteed to connect, you can miss and it leaves you wide open. The damage you do doesn't cover well for situations like that.

At the moment it only feels like autohit is better due to most autohiter being mages which are over tuned.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
*and have no reliable counters but other mages (Hexer).
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Senna