Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RP Traits.
I did already say that idea does hinge on an environment with enough traits, so I'm personally aware of that. But it's also my thoughts that we need more positive traits anyway. When the trait rework came it brought situational stuff, which wouldn't see use by most people. But, in a world where something like this is acknowledged and we get negative traits, I'd hope we get some positive traits alongside them anyway. To fill that gap.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity
I would love for more negative qualities somehow but without getting into it, it could be extremely specific under certain circumstances, I'd love to be able to represent one of my character's aversion to or complete fear of lightning, but requesting something such as that could be difficult in a lot of circumstances.

So rather than specific requests, I think current gameplan ala cursed blood is good, where in you have traits that have a negative impact in exchange for a positive one, at least in that way you're having them compete against the ever growing pool of traits and serving a niche that more than a few people like.

I wouldn't like spending trait points on completely negative traits if we have more and more traits in the future, this is bad future proofing most likely. I could see instead traits being granted from an external source that are non-refundable with a fruit, nor do they cost trait points either, these ones could be wholly negative.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • FatherCrixius
Custom Traits to be applied for, and are admin-given?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Phobias is an excellent suggestion Amber mentioned.

Overall, I don't think it would be a good idea to introduce many more 'strictly or situationally' positive traits for fear of them being grossly overrepresented. We have Cursed blood becoming a staple, divine eyes being included to many, many human's kits due to it's output. If unique or otherwise interesting traits get added, and they offer a significant enough benefit, they will be included on every single PvP build that can support it, and the only counterbalance would be to have too few trait points or too many options to utilise; effectively power scaling. If they are included, you pretty much would need to keep them away from all the cool lore implications as to not water down the identity. It's not the direction I think an RP game should go down with a mix-and-match of min-maxed traits and talents but hey, if it happens I wont particularly care.

Negative traits will increase variety at the cost of viability, whereas positive traits will do vice versa.
[Video: https://youtu.be/dUTH39_YaFk]
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4.../Goose.png

[Image: unknown.png]

DEV: Don't use such large images in your signature.

[Image: ff1cbab38842243c0634bf0ebaf4264f.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes FatherCrixius's post:
  • Snake