Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v2.39] Camping Gone Wrong
If you make a camp in the overworld and disconnect involuntarily (internet issues or game crashes), the game will still count as if you have a camp around even if said camp disappears with your disconnection, stopping you from making anymore camps with that character until possibly the next reboot.

Relogging doesn't seem to fix this issue either.
Does this only happen with random disconnects?
(02-20-2021, 06:53 PM)Neus Wrote: Does this only happen with random disconnects?

Just tested this with a voluntary disconnect (aka logging off the game). It seems to only happen with random disconnects.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
I'd like more testing done regarding this if possible as I don't really see how disconnects would factor into it.
I did some testing, like creating a camp and disconnecting my internet, but apparently that's not it, maybe just part of the coincidence. My guess is it either that it has to be related to the server saving or hour ticks. Either way, I could not replicate the bug, but if it happens again I'll return here with (hopefully) more details.
I wonder if we can get a "reset-camp" verb for debugging purposes (I.E, it should: Tell if a camp is open, and if so, open a prompt asking if we want to kill the camp). If this is a one-at-a-time rare deal under perfect circumstances then it might not really be solvable. Kind of like that one I had with the new menu windows in the past.

Many spooky things happen while the game's saving, so might as well as give people a way to forcefully despawn their camps. Beats waiting 3-4 hours till reboot in case of emergencies/accidents.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Hello, sorry to necro-post, but this bug still exists. I did not disconnect, however. I left my camp and it despawned, but someone put a campfire and pot in the camp before I left, if that helps at all.

I have to wait till reboot to make another camp.
I've added a debug readout that is given if you have player debug enabled. If you experience this problem, please turn on player debug and try to make a camp and it should give you a lot of information to post here.