Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PVP Timer Change
Hello again everyone,

Ive come again today to request another quality of life option for all of us RP'ers on the game of SL2.

My suggestion is that on the current PVP selection page, the 5 minute timer can sometimes not be enough to get the quality paragraph post that some people want. Although it is possible to do, it puts a lot of stress of having to do your action after the post. 

With this suggestion I either would like the current 5 minute timer to instead be 7 minutes.

OR

Create a 4rth timer option, which is 7 minutes. This would also follow in like with how the current options are selected as shown below: 
[Image: xK3yWyS.png]

As the current options contain intervals of 2- Adding 7 would fit with not only that, but also not being too drastically longer then 5 minutes. However even a minute or two is more then enough to not worry about the timer.

-------------------

Part 2.

A follow up to this suggestion would be a perhaps slight rework of the current Timer itself. As it currently stands the icon is small and hard to see due to its transparency. It also happens that when you emote a speech bubble (Which is now done via just pressing emote or say which is amazing btw thank you for that.) your timer gets BLOCKED, not allowing you to see it unless you unclick the bubble switch.

My suggestion would be to perhaps add an actual count down on some part of the screen (Maybe beside your character portrait in the upper left) OR Have the timer show up in the chat with intervals of 1 minute.  A simple: "There is X time remaining." Would be enough- Also that text being bolded and generally emphasized so it is not so hard to lose in all the text.
[Image: 1lSKqIu.png]

That is all from me (For now). Thank you for reading.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=18750966]
[-] The following 8 users Like Kiss's post:
  • Blissey, Boomkiller, Dystopia, Fern, ItsWanderlust, Kazzy, Miller, Snake
That's kind of interesting. Maybe that, or hovering/clicking on the small clock icon of turn order displays a prompt saying how many seconds you have left.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]