Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Additional PvP Options
I'd like to suggest the addition of free for all PvP matches, and 2 (teams) vs 2 (teams).

This was brought up a long time ago, and dismissed as unfeasible due to technical limitations.  I'm hoping that, a few years later, that is no longer the case.  Often, two teams and a maximum of four combatants per team are unable to properly encapsulate a conflict that's happening ICly.  Sometimes the enemy of your enemy is NOT your friend, and sometimes nobody is your friend at all.

With that in mind, I would like to suggest the following become possible:

• Engage in a battle where no player has an alliance with any other player.  Players spawn in an up to 8 point circle formation around the exterior of the map.
  • The ability to 'link' two parties in a way that allowed all 2-8 players to engage another set of 2-8 players who followed this step.  These parties would not do any PvE content together, unless some eventmin verb caused it to be so.  
  • The possibility of, instead of the 8v8 listed above, engaging in an (up to) 4v4v4v4, where you have 3 allies but 12 enemies. Each group of 4 would spawn clustered together on a different map cardinal or corner.
I fully understand how awful an 8v8 spar could be, or an 8 man free for all at the Arena, but the current number restrictions can pretty starkly clash with what's happening ICly.  If this is still unfeasible, I'm open to other suggestions to reduce rigidity of what kind of conflicts can happen with PvP.
[-] The following 12 users Like Kameron8's post:
  • Ace, Autumn, DerpyMcPandos, Dystopia, Fern, Miller, Perdition, Sawrock, Senna, Shujin, Snake, WaifuApple
The closest thing we currently have to a 'Free For All Mode' is manually inflicting Confusion on every participant, as I believe Apple has done before. While it mostly works, I don't think it should be the only way to enable it. Recent IC circumstances have frequently led into clashing player characters due to not everyone sharing the same idea or objective (which isn't bad, I find it interesting) but it has also made the current PVP party limitations much more noticeable as mentioned.

So my two cents is that, yes, we need this in some form assuming it's not too problematic to implement!
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
If at all possible I would love most of these options, I think the chaotic nature of these fights would be the most fun of all, and everyone is aware of the mess they would be getting themselves into.

It opens up a lot of flexibility in fights and allows both eventmins and players alike to make plans for some killer fights.
I too miss the days of the Doraington West fence battle royale.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lolzytripd's post:
  • Kameron8, Sawrock
As someone who does pvp a lot, I would love to see something like this implemented. Many including myself love the chaotic mess that is 4v4 spars, but having a FFA mode would really allow for some really funny moments. 8v8s would be harder to implement I imagine due to the nature of the game's party system capping at 4 players, however, I had an idea that might make it easier to implement. Instead of increasing party size max or whatnot, why not add an option in the pvp challenge menu that allows for more than 4 players to be on a side when adding more post-start. Players over the 4th slot on a team would be allied with that side, but not be directly "in" that party mechanically to get around the party size cap. Having a longer deploy timer with this option enabled to allow people to join in before turn one might be a good idea.

All of this of course are just random ideas from someone who doesn't know how the battle system code is set up, but I hope that might help if it does end up becoming a planned feature.
[Image: Rabbit.PNG]
Free For All would be nice. No allies, just people jumping this single fight over and over until we have everyone in the server PvPing at the same time. God, that'd be the dream.

But even without new PvP options, I'd love if you would allow us to have up to eight people in a same team for PvP and Event purposes. The HUD that's programmed to show 4 people can have <- and -> arrows on the bottom like Face Icon Selector to show the people who are not in that row.

Additionally, for PvE it would be something like this:

If you have more than 4 people in your party...

- Monsters will be afraid of fighting you! They'll refuse to engage and will become docile even if you bump into them. They'll just say "Oh shit, I'm sorry!" in their language, and move on with their lives. (Spawned monsters will still go towards you, for event reasons.)

- You cannot use a Core, it will become transparent and the one's hand will just phase through it. Something about the bigger number of people causing some unnatural interference or something.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
If we're going to do something like this, I'd suggest we get a map change as well for this option. Spacey style maps exist already so why not use those whenever it turns into a 8 v 8 situation? To provide each team enough space to move around and so on.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Senna's post:
  • Dystopia
Shit, that'd be cool too. If we could select the type of map.
Bump.